Thread: strings for mainkand tenor

Default strings for mainland tenor

hi everyone. New member, my first post. I am excited because I just ordered a mainland mahogany tenor yesterday. Waiting for it to arrive. I was thinking about strings. I believe it comes with aquilas. But for those who play a mainland mahogany tenor, what strings do you like on it?
    Last edited by rickyfreeman; 12-14-2018 at 04:36 AM.

I've found that Martin M600 or Worth CT Clears both sound great on mahogany tenors. With the Worths, you get enough string length for 2 sets. Also fine, but somewhat less available, are the Living Waters strings. All of these are flourocarbon strings.
    John

Thanks John

I have a Mainland concert. Replaced the stock Aquilas with Martins, which as said above are fluorocarbons. Sounds MUCH better to me. Crisper, brighter sound that projects much better on mine. I have the cedar topped rosewood Mainland.

Welcome to the forums! As with the others, I love the sound of Martins on my mahogany Mainland tenor.
    - Laura

I have this uke, and didn't like the stock Aquilas at all (the low G was very boomy). I use D'Addario Pro Arte clear nylons, which have a beautiful chiming and balanced tone on this instrument.

ok guys. Thanks for the replies

I use Worth Browns on my Mainland Mahogany tenor, but I like the sound of the Aquila New Nylguts on my wife's Mainland Mahogany Concert.
    I am the best ukulele player on my block!

Thread Information