Another Tuner Bites The Dust

It sounds like some folks keep their tuners on the peghead of their uke. I have never done this since I hate the looks of junky pegheads with unclipped strings, capos, tuners and even cigarettes stuck up there, but I finally read the instructions that come with most clip on tuners. This one is from the Snark:
CAUTION: INSTRUMENT FINISHES. READ
THIS BEFORE USING THE SNARK TUNER.
The general rule is: Do not leave any item
attached to your instrument longer than necessary.
We recommend you remove the Snark tuner from
your instrument as soon as you finish tuning.
Please be aware that any lacquer type finish can be
adversely affected if the rubber pad of tuner is left in
contact with the finish for a period of time.

Yes! Definitely!

I’ve had various tuners over the years but have now stuck with tc electronic polytune and Petersen. Very accurate and very rugged. Had them for a few years now. I understand that tc electronic have a simpler and less expensive version of their polytune out now. If I was going to buy another tuner I’d probably try those.

My snark battery lasts 2 to 3 years. But I turn and take the tuner off when I'm done tuning. No reason to keep it dangling after the job is done.

My snark battery lasts 2 to 3 years. But I turn and take the tuner off when I'm done tuning. No reason to keep it dangling after the job is done.

Battery life has a lot to do with the age of the battery, too. Batteries can sit around for a long time before being used. I buy in bulk from Amazon, and after a year or more, there isn't much life left in some of them.

Top Bottom