Hello from Bonita, CA (San Diego)

DymnDog

Reaction score
Greetings!

I've played jazz trumpet on and off for a few decades. So I understand music. On a business trip to Hawaii last year, my hotel had a Ukulele in it! With a little help from YouTube, I tuned it up and started playing. I loved it.

When I got home, I bought a better than cheap (but still pretty cheap) Ukulele and a few Fake Books. I found myself playing almost every day and enjoying it.

My parents brought me two Ukulele's that have been in my family:

1.) A 1960's-era Silvertone Baritone Uke that my mom used when she taught school. I always thought it was a small guitar, not realizing what a Baritone Uke was.
2.) A 1920's (?) era Sandstrom Banjo Ukulele with original case, resonator, and bridge that belonged to my Grandfather when he lived in Oakland (Where Sandstrom was made) in the 1920's-1930's

I bought new strings for both Ukuleles and got them back in working order. I was bummed that a Baritone Uke is tuned differently than the standard Uke which makes it hard for me because I'm still learning regular chords.

I was clearly enjoying playing Ukulele. So on a return business trip to Hawaii a few months ago I stopped in at the KoAloha shop and fell in love with them. So I picked up a factory-direct Koa Wood Tenor Uke too.

That makes 4....4 Ukuleles!

-Jamie

Jamie,
Welcome to the UU Forum ... and to UAS (ukulele acquisition syndrome). :)
Jan D.

Thank you! I appreciate the welcome, and I'm diggin' the friendly overall vibe of this forum.

Welcome DymnDog. You upgraded really quickly. KoAloha as your 4th Uke!

I suppose I did. LOL. Although I’m new to the ukulele, I’ve played music semi-professionally on and off for several decades (Jazz trumpet). I guess I appreciate what a well-made instrument can add to the experience.

Top Bottom