New member HOWDY

gigemaggs99

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm new to the forums and new to ukulele. Working on getting my fingers toughened up.

I live in Texas where I own my own plumbing service company and wanted to learn an instrument and like the size and sound of a uke.

I already have UAS and have picked up a handful of beautiful instruments. My collection includes:

Flight TUS35BK
Ohana PKC-10
Amahi UK-210C
Flight DUC 323 MAH/MAH
Snail UKT-483E

I bought a couple of different ukes b/c I wanted to learn along with my 2 young sons. They are also enjoying learning.

I do have a ? about a uke. I have the Ukulele for Dummies by A Wiley Brand, it has a nice looking uke on the cover. From searching pictures online it looks like a "freshman ukulele" I like the white/cream binding and etching around the sound hole. When I search Freshman online it looks like they are sold in the UK. Does anyone know if you can purchase them in the US?

Can anyone confirm if this is a Freshman Ukulele or am I looking at something else? I like the look of it and would like to learn more about it and purchase one if possible.

Uke for Dummies cover.jpg

Happy Strumming!

Gus

Welcome to the forums, Gus!! Sorry, I can’t answer your question about the ukulele on that cover. But, I know someone here very well likely can!

OMG. You have UAS worse than me! LOL. Welcome to the forums! Have the best time of your life!!!

Welcome to the forum Gus........Aggies fan but NOT former student and also in Texas....Just saw the nick and had to say Howdy.......I'm 55 and just started playing last year and still stink royally but think I've spent over $4,000 on doggone ukes and accessories so far...Oh well, it's too much fun not to !!!!
So welcome and Merry Christmas to ya pal !!!

Top Bottom