Hello from Muncie, Indiana

bukeh

Reaction score
I've been enjoying all the good advice and discussions on the UU forum for many months now, and thought I should finally introduce myself.

It's nearly a year ago that I started playing ukulele, and I'm really hooked. My daughter had her ukulele with her when she visited last Christmas, and after playing around with it a little, I decided I needed to get one and try to learn to play. I played guitar when I was much younger, but I haven't played it for years. It hurts too much until the callouses develop, and it isn't convenient enough to pick it up regularly enough to keep my fingers in shape. It turns out that if I enjoyed playing guitar as much as I enjoy playing ukulele, keeping my fingers in shape wouldn't be any problem!

Anyway, I bought a used Martin C2M on ebay that was a year old, and I haven't looked back. UAS is a real issue, and I've acquired a Steve Grimes redwood ziricote tenor and a Kanile'a K3 TPE, and a couple of Kala's for travel and for kids to try. I have a low g on the Grimes and a high g on the Kanile'a. Both sound so sweet!

Well, that's enough of an introduction. I'm glad to be here and I look forward to reading all the good discussions on the UU forum.

Yes, the Grimes is special. Having discovered ukulele rather late and realizing what a great instrument it is, I felt like I wanted to make up for lost time. When I saw the Grimes, I truly understood what you all mean when you talk about UAS. I tried to talk myself into something more reasonable, but this uke wouldn't get out of my head. Finally, I worked up the courage to talk to my wife about it. She is a musician and understands the value of a fine instrument. She gave her blessing, so I went for it. I haven't regretted it for a moment.

Top Bottom