The Christmas Song - Weissenborn

MikeHollandGuitar

Reaction score

Just like to wish everybody a Merry Christmas from the North of England with my interpretation of the Christmas song played lap slide on a Weissenborn guitar............Very Merry Christmas, Mike

I'd usually say at this point that that was a surprisingly good rendition of this song, but I'm so used to the quality of your work now that this one didn't surprise me at all!
Excellent mate! A big thumbs up from me!

Cool! I really liked that! I also love the tinsel around your neck! :cool:

Wonder if you could play a uke the lap slide way?

Oh boy, that is so very tasty, I love the variety musical elements & humour you've given this one Mike, simply awesome :D Have a wonderful Christmas & New Year! :D
Thank you campbell........I suspect you would be quite a useful steel guitar player if you ever fancied playing. Best regards to you and your family also!

I'd usually say at this point that that was a surprisingly good rendition of this song, but I'm so used to the quality of your work now that this one didn't surprise me at all!
Excellent mate! A big thumbs up from me!
Thank you Dave.......I had to play well because I don't sing! Can you tell I wanted to be a singer really!

Cool! I really liked that! I also love the tinsel around your neck! :cool:

Wonder if you could play a uke the lap slide way?
Chopped Liver......it is possible, but it would sound better with tinsel around my neck:p

There you go.......Lap slide ukulele!!!

Kindest regards,
Mike

Thank you campbell........I suspect you would be quite a useful steel guitar player if you ever fancied playing. Best regards to you and your family also!

Thank you Dave.......I had to play well because I don't sing! Can you tell I wanted to be a singer really!

Chopped Liver......it is possible, but it would sound better with tinsel around my neck:p

There you go.......Lap slide ukulele!!!

Kindest regards,
Mike

Sweet! Took me back to the 60s, when an older neighbor used to play Hawaiian slide guitar. Is that your Ohana TK-35? If so, what tuning were you using, and what's that white thing near your right hand?

Last edited:
Whoa, I would ask you questions about tuning and how the heck does that work, but I don't want to ruin the magic. :worship:

Sweet! Took me back to the 60s, when an older neighbor used to play Hawaiian slide guitar. Is that your Ohana TK-35? If so, what tuning were you using, and what's that white thing near your right hand?

Hi Ukecaster. The bar was banging on the fretboard a little too much to control. So I raised the action at the bridge end by sliding a pen under the strings. The intonation was obviously then way out but your ear soon compensates for that. It was just a bit of fun really! If I was doing it more seriously I would have to raise the strings at the nut. It is the Ohana TK35G.

"Wow Mike, just awesome. Singing is overrated, I'd take your chops anyday! The neck on that W is so thick, more like a tree trunk than even a fat Louisville Slugger baseball bat."

The Weissenborn has a hollow neck. That helps give it a slightly more midrange tone!

Regards, Mike

Last edited:
Top Bottom