Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tinnitus scare

Default Tinnitus scare

For two nights this week I've not had much sleep due to a ringing sound in my head it was a pulsating high pitch nose and it was coming and going as I drifted in and out of sleep in the morning it was gone...I had read all about Tinnitus and how sufferers had to put up with it as there was no cure, and as i do have hearing problems and wear double hearing aids I thought that I had now succumbed to it ...and last night it was really bad in the end I had to get up and switch on the bedside light... And then I made a discovery... on a shelf built in the bed headboard I spotted Mrs T's hearing aid (She is deaf as well) and realised that it was still switched on and the sound the sound was coming from that She had been forgetting to switch it off at night ....So tonight I hope I can get some serious shut eye and get back to dreaming about bending mahogany again,
    http://ukulele-innovation.tripod.com ebay i/d squarepeg_3000 Email timmsken@hotmail.com

If you can believe that moving images and sound, can fly through empty space across the universe and be seen and heard on a box in your living room ?.. then you can believe in anything.

I wish I could cure my tinnitus that way, flippin a switch
    My Real name is Terry Harris

Quote Originally Posted by resoman View Post
    I wish I could cure my tinnitus that way, flippin a switch
    Me too, !!!!! a continuous high pitched monotone in both ears! Drives me nuts sometimes. Bob

OMG. Make sure your wife doesn't find Mrs. T's hearing aid!!!

I've developed Tinnitus recently. I found that I can replicate it using three frequencies from a tone generator online. 8,124hz + 4,052hz + 9,122hz. Now, here is the odd thing of it. If I listen to that tone generator apparently the tinnitus goes away for little while. It does come back. But, maybe I am onto something to help remedy it.
    Solid Mahogany Tiny Tenor from Pepe Romero/Daniel Ho. Low-G. I named it "Lumière"
    Kala Soprano KA-ASOV-S Spruce and Ovangkol. High-G I named "Blood, Sweat, & Tears"
    KLOS Carbon Fiber Tenor Deluxe Acoustic/Electric Ukulele wound Low-G
    Cynthia Lin Performance uke. Concert scale with a cutaway Low-G
    Kala Soprano KA-KCT-S Ziricote fitted with Ernie Ball clear High-G
    Just ordered a tenor sized custom electric uke from Brian Fanner . . . wonder how long ETA. . .

Quote Originally Posted by cyber3d View Post
    If I listen to that tone generator apparently the tinnitus goes away for little while.
    Phase cancellation?
    Ukulele:
    Iriguchi Tenor "Weeble" - A, WoU Clarity
    Blue Star 19" baritone Konablaster - DGBE
    Cocobolo 16" SC#1-gCEA, SC SLMU
    Ono #42 19" baritone, Ab, LW
    Imua iET-Bb, M600
    Covered Bridge CLN pineapple - Eb cuatro, SC XLL
    Rogue bari
    Bonanza super tenor, cFAD SC LHU
    Kala KSLNG, Eb SC XLU
    Flea soprano, C LW
    Hanson 5-string tenor, dGCEA
    Bonanza SLN GCEA
    Bonanzalele concert
    Guitars:
    Jupiter #47, G, TI CF127

!Flukutronic!

I have double hearing aids and tinnitus. Sometimes it is worse than other times, though it is always there.

My audiologist said there were things that made it worse: salt, stress, lack of sleep.
    Jan >^..^<
    (AKA Chopped Liver)

You say 'Crazy Cat Lady' like it's a bad thing!

"Out of clutter, find simplicity." Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by cyber3d View Post
    If I listen to that tone generator apparently the tinnitus goes away for little while. It does come back. But, maybe I am onto something to help remedy it.
    I've read about that in the AARP magazine recently, apparently it is a remedy fo sorts. I'm fairly used to it after having it for years. I've recently cut back on salt, but I don't sleep well because of being overweight, which causes me mild sleep apnea. Not being diligent enough watching my diet, but between tinnitus and the reality that it could lead to diabetes, I have to work on it.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
    • Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video

When I started wearing hearing aids, my tinnitus lessened considerably. I told my audiologist that I had it, and she set up the HAs to dampen or cover it.

I still hear the hissing noise, but, if my surroundings are moderately noisy, the tinnitus goes away.
    Kala "Spalted" baritone - Lo D GBE- Fingerstyle
    Gold Tone tenor banjolele - Lo F BbDF Fingerstyle
    Luna “Peace” concert - CGDA (5ths) Fingerstyle

Kala tenor eight string - gGcCEEAA Strum
    Flea "Red" concert - Hi-F BbDG Strum
    Kala "Exotic Mahogany" soprano - Hi-A DF#B Strum

Mahalo yellow "Smiley" soprano (Dad's Day gift)
    Ka-Lai Pineapple soprano (old) gift

Old age should rather be feared than death. - Juvenal
    God gave us old age so we wouldn't mind dying so much.

I've suffered from this for years. Just learned to live with it. The worse is at night when trying to go to sleep....if I don't have some kind of background noise I go crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuck View Post
    So tonight I hope I can get some serious shut eye and get back to dreaming about bending mahogany again,
    Hopefully no more nightmares or breaking it!

Thread Information