Hello from Newcastle, WA

TrekBeard

Reaction score
I've been reading U-U for a few years, and now that my uke collection is a little out of control, figured I'd join the forum. Started with tenors, recently added baritones, and LOVE them. New, vintage, pretty ones, ugly ones, price points all over the place. It's an addiction. Just too much fun to put down. Originally a tenor saxophone player for 30+ years, a little guitar, but the uke bug has taken hold the past 5 years! Don't think I'll shake it any time soon (nor do I want to). :D

Welcome from down the road in Issaquah! There are several good groups in the area if you're interested and haven't found 'em!

Dare I ask what "out of control" means? ;) On a quick count I just realized that I've more ukuleles than months that I've been playing. Eep. And that's without the baritones I've been lusting over!

--Rob

Last edited:
Welcome from STRUM... unless you already know about us, a member perhaps?

Regular Wed meeting tonight at the Kona Kitchen Restaurant (85th and 5th NE, about
a mile south of Northgate Mall on 5th NE). 6-8p :)

looks like this is the last Wed night before Christmas, so be prepared to do Holiday Songs!

Welcome to Ukulele Underground!

keep uke'in',

I'd too would like to get an idea of what's considered "out of control".... Just drove by Newcastle into Issaquah yesterday & didn't get too badly affected by the "Viadoom". I may need contacts in the 'burbs in case I need to hide some ukes since uke-hiding space can run out pretty quickly in city "bungalows" ... not exactly totally kidding :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

I've been reading U-U for a few years, and now that my uke collection is a little out of control, figured I'd join the forum. Started with tenors, recently added baritones, and LOVE them. New, vintage, pretty ones, ugly ones, price points all over the place. It's an addiction. Just too much fun to put down. Originally a tenor saxophone player for 30+ years, a little guitar, but the uke bug has taken hold the past 5 years! Don't think I'll shake it any time soon (nor do I want to). :D

Welcome from down the road in Issaquah! There are several good groups in the area if you're interested and haven't found 'em!
Dare I ask what "out of control" means? ;) On a quick count I just realized that I've more ukuleles than months that I've been playing. Eep. And that's without the baritones I've been lusting over!

Welcome! I hope you enjoy your time here!

NOTE:

STRUM has a "STRUM Strings" for those who want to go deeper into
playing their ukulele, in addition to our regular Wed night Song Circle
at the Kona Kitchen Restaurant (85th and 5th NE - Maple Leaf). BTW
Strings meets on the first Sat of the month up in North Ballard.

There's also "STRUM Berries" (as in Baritones) which meets on the 4th (?)
Saturday of the month up in South Edmonds, just across the King/Snohomish
County line.

Keep uke'in',

Top Bottom