A Ukulele Riddle You Are Free To Use Any Time, Anywhere

Papa Tom

Reaction score
A co-worker of mine came in this morning bummed out because she had failed her "flute course" at college. I didn't want to come off as if I were taking her failure lightly, but a riddle popped into my head almost instantly as she was telling me the bad news. I think it's original, but you tell me if you've heard it before:

Q. What happens to a person who fails a ukulele course?
A. He has to go to Strummer School!

Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!

I doubt you'll have many opportunities to present that riddle, but if you ever do, please let me know how it goes over.

(Thanks, folks. I'm here Tuesdays through December. Remember to tip your servers generously.)

Tom, the crickets you're hearing right now are not because your riddle was bad; they're because everyone is speechless with jealousy that they didn't think of it first!

Maybe some of you didn't get it. "STRUMMer School," instead of "SUMMER School?" Is this thing on? Hello??? Groan.

Q. How does one uke player make sure the other uke player laughs at his jokes?
A. He slips him a tenor

Good one. OK, I'm glad this dopey little thread is, at least, inspiring some good humor this holiday season

Perhaps the problem is that so many ukulele players strive so hard to be taken seriously, they're that much less inclined to joke around. ;)

Tom, the crickets you're hearing right now are not because your riddle was bad; they're because everyone is speechless with jealousy that they didn't think of it first!

Yeah, about that - not so much :biglaugh:

Tom, this is so bad that it’s funny. Have a Merry Christmas

Tom

A co-worker of mine came in this morning bummed out because she had failed her "flute course" at college. I didn't want to come off as if I were taking her failure lightly, but a riddle popped into my head almost instantly as she was telling me the bad news. I think it's original, but you tell me if you've heard it before:

Q. What happens to a person who fails a ukulele course?
A. He has to go to Strummer School!

Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!

I doubt you'll have many opportunities to present that riddle, but if you ever do, please let me know how it goes over.

(Thanks, folks. I'm here Tuesdays through December. Remember to tip your servers generously.)

Did you hear about the ukulele player who was so out-of-tune the other ukulele players noticed? :cool:

(Okay, that's actually a banjo joke I adapted especially for youse guys!)

What is the range of a banjo uke?

About 20 yards if you have a good arm.

Top Bottom