NUD - or wait... Old Uke Day? KoAloha Concert

Kyle23

Reaction score
This is a bit different for a NUD thread... BUT here it goes.

Two or so years ago, I got THE best gift I have ever gotten. Without going into too much details, KoAloha was nice enough to provide me with a ukulele. It wasn't as easy as them just giving me one, there were circumstances. Anyways, I had the ukulele up until earlier this year.

Very hard times came upon me and I was forced to sell the KoAloha that was given to me. Before I sold it, I was tempted to trade it for a Tenor, but I could never bring myself to do that since it meant so much to me. I sold it, got a bit of money and ended up with enough for a down payment on an apartment and my troubles were mostly over.

I still missed this uke so much, and about a week ago, I decided to message the person I sold it to to check up on the uke (I know, weird). I sent Xtradust a PM, who is a poster on these boards and one thing lead to the next and we agreed on a price if I wanted the uke back. I jumped on the opportunity as I am doing better financially and can afford it. Opening the box and seeing the uke again was actually emotional for me. I have never gotten emotional like this over an inanimate object, but this instrument always meant a lot to me, mostly based on the circumstances that surround how I got it and why I had to sell it. Thank you Xtradust. It means the world to me to have this back.

Here's a quick pic that does not do this uke justice
a6W6WXQ.jpg

Great story, congrats on getting the uke back. Love the darker koa and straight grain on it.

Side note, your unboxing video of this uke was one of contributing factors of me buying one for myself. Thanks!

Thanks rainbow!

Great story, congrats on getting the uke back. Love the darker koa and straight grain on it.

Side note, your unboxing video of this uke was one of contributing factors of me buying one for myself. Thanks!

Oh wow that's awesome! I can't believe that was almost 3 years ago. When did you get yours?

This is indeed excellent news, a feel good story if there ever was one. I am glad you have reunited with this special instrument, a Christmas present to be remembered. Congratulations and enjoy it for a long time

I'm glad your life has taken a turn for the better. Congratulations on the homecoming.

I remember the agony you and all of us here went through when you acquired this instrument the first time, so congratulations on getting it back. And cudos to the next owner who was willing to sell it back to you. Better hang on to it this time... ;)

Merry Christmas, Kyle!

Anytime Kyle! Thanks for letting me borrow that sweet Uke for the past year!

Bought mine about six months ago. My first high quality uke and I love it. It has gotten me much deeper into playing the instrument.

Thanks rainbow!

Oh wow that's awesome! I can't believe that was almost 3 years ago. When did you get yours?

I remember the agony you and all of us here went through when you acquired this instrument the first time, so congratulations on getting it back. And cudos to the next owner who was willing to sell it back to you. Better hang on to it this time... ;)

Merry Christmas, Kyle!

To be honest, this uke has caused a lot of agony lol, but hopefully that's over! Merry Christmas to you also.

Anytime Kyle! Thanks for letting me borrow that sweet Uke for the past year!

Not a problem. Thanks for taking care of it for me.

That was a very touching story and fitting for this time of the year. I hope you never find yourself in the situation where you are forced to depart with your beloved Ukulele ever again.

Merry Christmas from Australia.

That was a very touching story and fitting for this time of the year. I hope you never find yourself in the situation where you are forced to depart with your beloved Ukulele ever again.

Merry Christmas from Australia.

Even if a situation occurs where I need the money again, I'l still hang onto it lol

Merry Christmas to you too and congrats on the 1st post :)

Top Bottom