Duke Ukulele Co DUBVB Bartitone - Ukulele

bazmaz

Reaction score
Extremely - and I think they post worldwide too

Any upside to the way they tie the bridge? With the strings up it seems they could poke the arm/wrist depending on playing style. Seen a few import models do this, perhaps just a setup mistake and of course easily fixed, yet has me curious.

Thanks again for a great review. Happy new year to you!

Just a standard tie bar bridge isn't it? I don't see anything unusual with it?

Thanks for this review Baz!

These look and sound great and the price is easy for lots of people. Seems like a good value.

How was that whiskey? LOL...

Just a standard tie bar bridge isn't it? I don't see anything unusual with it?

Not with the bridge but the way they tie it, you even mentioned in a previous review on another brand that tied the let the loose strings point upward instead of down.
Tiny detail.

no matter I guess, was as I said "curious" since you see far more ukes than I do.

Any upside to the way they tie the bridge?...

When you restring a uke, you can place the string tails any way you like.

As long as they hold and do not slip, it does not matter the looks, unless the position of the tails will trigger someone's OCD or something like that.

There is no functional difference for the tails to be trapped going toward the 4th string vs going toward the 1st string.

It's all down to your own preference. Experimentation is encouraged!

Just because it came that way out of the box does not make it the only way to be done. :)

When you restring a uke, you can place the string tails any way you like.

As long as they hold and do not slip, it does not matter the looks, unless the position of the tails will trigger someone's OCD or something like that.

There is no functional difference for the tails to be trapped going toward the 4th string vs going toward the 1st string.

It's all down to your own preference. Experimentation is encouraged!

Just because it came that way out of the box does not make it the only way to be done. :)
very true.

no mountain to be made here :) will leave it the mole hill.

seems they are out ofstock on the Duke baritone...special deal...$139 with case and tuner....no answer to my email as to when they will be available again....

Ordered one of these, partially off of Baz's review, partially off of price (even shipping to the US, it looked like a fantastic deal).

First baritone for me. Already love it. The Aquila wound strings are a little weird, since I've never played with wound strings before, but I'll probably grab some fluorocarbons soon. It's gorgeous, it's loud, and it's set up damn near perfectly. First impression is very very good. It was marked as "sold out" right after I ordered it, and pretty much non-stop since, so I'm willing to take the blame on this one.

They have 5 on ebay.....but it is no deal. no case, no tuner, $143 bucks and something like 26 bucks to ship..
the deal they had on the website was much better....

They are on back order as they have proved so popular. New stock in 23 April.

The deal with the case and tuner was always only an introductory offer.

I received my Duke baritone the other day, and I totally agree with Barry. It is a GREAT baritone ukulele. Quite simply; a grand success in every way. This is a keeper...I will never part with it.

Top Bottom