Merry Christmas to all my ukulele brothers & sisters!

RafterGirl

Reaction score
I'm off shortly to play my uke at the Candlelight service at church. My mom is coming with me & we always do a slow drive through the neighborhood on the way home to check out the Christmas lights. For those of you who are familiar with the movie "A Christmas Story" (Ralphie/Red Ryder BB gun/you'll shoot your eye out) you'll know why my favorite house in the neighborhood is the one with the "Leg Lamp" in the front window. Makes me smile! We might get a little snow here in Utah tomorrow, so maybe a White Christmas.

To all of you.... whether your Holiday is sunny & warm, or chilly & snowy.....Christmas Blessings & Ukulele Love!

Merry Christmas to you too and thank you for spreading some Christmas cheer.

Fra-gil-ee!

Great movie. My wife fell off the couch laughing when the Chinese cook chopped the head off the roast duck. She said, "You Americans are so sensitive about your food."
True. I don't like food that looks at me when I try to eat it.

Funny movie. Reminds me of my childhood in so many ways. I grew up in Akron, Ohio 40 miles South of Cleveland where much of the movie was filmed. The house in the movie is now a museum in Cleveland.

Happy Holidays everyone!

Merry Christmas to you too, "R.G.", Django, Kenn and everyone! May you be blessed abundantly, and may the New Year bring you only good things!

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year!!
I am very grateful for this year, has been a major year for my ukulele journey!
Thank for to the amazing folks here and elsewhere in the ukulele universe!
Please continue to stay special, friendly and fun loving!!

Merry Christmas to all, UU is always a safe and friendly haven where like minded people come to share their passion.

I was fortunate to have a number of ukulele Christmas events to attend. There are 10 ukulele groups/ jam clubs that get together from the Greater Toronto Area at Center Island for a Christmas Wang Dang Doodle. Then our uke jam group does a Christmas party, all carols and the kids, friends and families are welcome.

From this group 5 of us performed carols with ukes at a Christmas Tree lighting ceremony. It has been a fun year and I hope it was the same for others.

Our Christmas was not merry this year, but I’ve had many, many good ones in the past years to make up for a few that were not.

I hope all you UUers have an especially Merry Christmas AND a very Happy Plunka, Plunka New Year! Keep on strumin’ . . .
:eek:ld:

Last edited:
Sorry in advance. This is on a Tiple that is strung like a Taro Patch with a high and low G, and Worth Browns. Arrangement by Aaron Keim. Anyway, al little Christmas video greeting.

Last edited:
Nice Django. We closed out the service at church last night with lights off, candles lit, and Silent Night. After the final verse, the lights came up, candles were extinguished, and people began to mingle.....but the piano player, the guitar player, and myself just kept playing. Kind of a Silent Night jam.

One special thing we did during the service was to show the famous photo of earth as seen from the moon that was taken 50 years ago by the Apollo 8 crew. The recording of the astronauts reading from Genesis & wishing everyone on earth a Merry Christmas was so cool. Gave me goose bumps.

Merry Christmas all. Today is our day of rest. We have been Christmassing for three days straight. Today our kids are off travelling in different directions. My wife and I are taking it easy together, comfortable in our home, and happy that we have such a large family that it takes three full days to celebrate with them all. I think that I will mix up a holiday rum and Coke, and play my ukulele later.

Merry Christmas to all! :shaka:

Thanks so much Raftergirl !!! A very Merry Christmas to all !!!
Best wishes on safe and happy holidays for you and your families.

Cheers to all,

Spicysteve.

Merry Christmas to all our UU friends!

Happy Holidays to all. I've been in a very good mood the last couple of years since I stopped watching the news. Head in the sand is bliss.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video

Happy Holidays to all. I've been in a very good mood the last couple of years since I stopped watching the news. Head in the sand is bliss.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video

Merry Christmas, and the best of the season to all.

Top Bottom