Big Girls Don't Cry

keonepax

Verified Account
Reaction score
Hope you like my rendition of the Four Seasons' "Big Girls Don't Cry." Used my kazookulele in this one.

This is my last video of 2018. As the year winds down, allow me to say a heartfelt "THANKS" to everyone who has left a kind word and feedback. I'll try to keep it going next year. If I counted correctly, I've made 35 ukulele videos this year, one short of my goal of making three videos a month. I'm slowing down. My goal used to be 50 a year!

Last edited:
There's something about your videos that always make me happy John.
I look forward to what you come up with in 2019.
i hope you both enjoyed your lunch.

Thanks, Dave, and I look forward to your videos as well! We did enjoy a nice lunch of turkey porridge! :)

Thanks, Dave, and I look forward to your videos as well! We did enjoy a nice lunch of turkey porridge! :)

John mate. I love your singing and playing, and although I've never had the honour of meeting you personally, from what I've seen on here I'd love you as a mate as well.
But, if I ever get a chance to come out to your neck of the woods, PLEASE don't EVER invite me for lunch!! Turkey porridge indeed!! Yeuk!! lol

Ha ha! It might not sound good, but "jook" (a Korean dish) is the ultimate comfort food in my book! Please give it a try if you ever have a chance! :)

I loved the ending, John. I also like jook. I recently found some microwaveable jook in a can at a Korean grocery store near me.

Have a great 2019.

Luke

Thanks, Luke! I have a recipe for jook, but last time I tried to make it, it didn't turn out so good, but luckily my wife can make it. I wish you a great 2019, too! :)

Thanks, Campbell! Happy New Year to you and yours! :)

Wonderful song, John! Thanks for all of the great videos this year, and (hopefully) more to follow in 2019. I enjoyed the tag after the song ended, I felt like I was watching the post-credit sequences in a Marvel Universe movie!

Bill

Thanks, Bill! I'll try to keep it going next year. :) Yeah, nowadays you have to watch a movie all the way to the end, or you might miss something. I missed out on the extra scene at the end of the latest Jurassic World movie! Kind of a good idea to include something extra at the end of YouTube videos, too!

Ha ha! It might not sound good, but "jook" (a Korean dish) is the ultimate comfort food in my book! Please give it a try if you ever have a chance! :)

Haha. I'll look it up and give it a try. In my ignorance I'd never heard of it but thought it was just a concoction of your granddaughter's she made you eat. You wouldn't believe what MY 6 year old make ME eat from time to time. I had a Marmite and Jelly Baby sandwich once...delicious! lol

Ha ha! I understand, Dave. My granddaughter likes to make fake Coca-cola by adding soy sauce to a glass of ice water. She "tricks" me into drinking it and she always cracks up when I dash to the kitchen sink to spit it out! I enjoy making her laugh like that!

Ha ha! I understand, Dave. My granddaughter likes to make fake Coca-cola by adding soy sauce to a glass of ice water. She "tricks" me into drinking it and she always cracks up when I dash to the kitchen sink to spit it out! I enjoy making her laugh like that!

HaHa!! All part of the fun of being a grandpa, bless 'em! X

John your videos are just excellent. You must spend an awful lot of time producing these works of art. I am sorry to say you was upstaged again by you granddaughter. Very lovely! I was on the same bill as the Four Seasons in Yorkshire in the UK back in the 70s. I seem to remember them as very amiable guys. It was the time of their hit "Oh what a night"
Happy New Year to you (and your granddaughter of course!). Mike

Thanks, Mike. I definitely need blocks of time to work on my videos, and each video usually takes several hours (including practice and editing), but I love the creative challenge so I don't mind. And I don't mind being upstaged by my granddaughter. I welcome it! I'm hoping she'll perform with me in a video someday. How great that you and the Four Seasons could meet each other. I remember their "Oh, What a Night" very well! Happy New Year to you and yours! :)

And I don't mind being upstaged by my granddaughter. I welcome it! I'm hoping she'll perform with me in a video someday.

John. My 6 year old - like many young girls that age - never stops singing, dancing & wanting to be 'a Star'. I finally got her to sing something with me and as soon as the camera started filming she went all shy on me. I'll post it over in the guitar section here so you can have a quick look if you wish. lol
I look forward to yours with your young lady which will, I'm sure as always, reflect her in a much better light than mine does...er...mine. lol

Thanks, Dave! I'd like to see it! What song did you do with her? :)

That was wonderful, Dave! I hope I can inspire my granddaughter to do a number with me someday! :)

Top Bottom