Ukulele building course

kerneltime

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I know Pete has some form of teaching on going in UK.
and there is https://obrienguitars.com/teaching in CO

Are there any luthiers (preferably in CA or Oregon) who hold similar workshops where the attendee learns uke building and walks away with a uke/guitar that they built?

Now that I have resumed building again, I have been thinking about offering an ukulele building course at my home in Kekaha, Kauai. The student would spend 8-10 days building an ukulele at my home and shop. I would supply the lodging, materials and tools. We would be spending 5-6 hours a day building, you take the ukulele home. Cost $1200-1400 depending on what you build, which is about half of what you would spend for lodging here. When you are not building or picking my brain on 35 years of lutherie experience, you will be free to enjoy all that Kauai offers. Any interest, let me know.
Bradford Donaldson

Hey Brad! It's nice to hear that you are back in the game.

David

Thanks very much David, it is nice to hear from you. I have been enjoying building again and I see you are creating some impressive instruments.
Brad

I owe it all to you, Brad!

In case anyone is wondering, the subtext here is that shortly after starting to play the ukulele in about 2010 or so, I visited Brad with the idea of ordering one of his very nicely crafted instruments. He generously took an entire afternoon to introduce me to ukulele building, a seductive and demanding mistress that continues to command my attention.

Last edited:
Top Bottom