Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: side markers

Ricky, there's a place online called Gollihur Music that specializes in upright bass and other stringed instruments, and they offer packs of "peel-n-stick" fingerboard side markers at a very affordable price. I have used them, and they do the job nicely, and hold up well!

ok thanks, I will check them out

this question has been asked many times . Do a search here on this site and you will find all the answers.
    I've done it a few ways , drilling and filling , and the latest was a rub on dot , the rub on one worked great, I did one dot at the 5th fret and that works for me.
    " Anything larger than a soprano is cheating "
    " I'm no luthier but ,........"

Pete, I think you have a good point. Many players (me included) don't often wander up past the seventh fret or so; so having just one little dot on the side of the fifth fret serves as a simple and reliable "landmark" for a lot of folks. That seems to be an effective location if a person is considering the single-dot approach.

I've used stick-on fret markers often that I buy from Jockomo in Japan, lots of styles and sizes, good prices and fast shipping. I have no affiliation with Jockomo at all, just like their products.

https://www.inlaystickers.com/produc...t-side-markers

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
    Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video

Quote Originally Posted by kohanmike View Post
    I've used stick-on fret markers often that I buy from Jockomo in Japan, lots of styles and sizes, good prices and fast shipping. I have no affiliation with Jockomo at all, just like their products.

https://www.inlaystickers.com/produc...t-side-markers

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
    • Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video
    Thanks, Mike! And please say hi to your Uncle Bud Jockomo for me... JUST KIDDING !!!!!! Seriously, though, I have purchased a few things from Jockomo too, and been very satisfied!

Thread Information