Another Moore Bettah tenor up for auction on the HMS site

Kenn2018

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Another Moore Bettah auction on the HMS TheUkuleleSite.com.

"Jewel of the South Pacific" custom koa tenor.

1-1/2 days to go. (As of 11:59 pm CST 12/28/20018.)

Bidding is up to $10k.

Pretty instrument.

From the description:
“Jewel of the South Pacific” features world class inlay art of iconic images from the island. On the headstock you have a beautiful wahine created with the unique art of scrimshaw and at a gorgeous beach setting created with a variety of stained woods, acrylics, and composite stone that Chuck mixes. The fretboard features stained maple wood Hawaiian hibiscus (ʻAkiohala) flowers, a beauty of nature that is synonymous with Hawai’i.

Chuck's art work and appointments compliment natures art here, the Master Grade Hawaiian Koa! Eye-popping delicious! This is all protected with a glassy smooth finish for a stunning piece from Hawaii's most illustrious custom ukulele maker.

It sounds terrific. As you would expect from an MB.

Many years ago, I was in a small, high end shop playing a very nice triple O Collings Guitar, (slotted head, pyramid bridge, etc.), when the salesman, seeing how much I was enjoying it asked me if I wanted to take it home. I commented that it was a lot of money. His response was, "but isn't it worth it to have something so fine". I still hear that question in the back of my mind when I am trying to decide on a nice object, and I still don't have a one size fits all kind of answer, but if you have the disposable income, it may be worth it to have something this fine. It is, in my opinion a beauty and truly fine.

Last edited:
Top Bottom