Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Season 359 - "Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick"

Just made it in time...

Ohana SK30M mahogany super-soprano, Cort UKEBWCOP Blackwood concert, Anuenue African Mahogany Tenor, Fluke Koa Tenor, Hora M1176 spruce Tenor

another homemade-y, with the korg kr mini drum machine

lynda

La det swinge, la det rock 'n' roll

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand one more!

"hi ho silver lining"

i used my korg (no really, i don't own shares in the company!) digital metronome for this... i've not used it for a vid before, and to be honest i don't practise with it, like i intended to when i got it, because i hate it telling me what to do! however it was just the ticket for this song - the tap in button let me match the tempo of the jeff beck version, which i love, exactly, and it kept me nice and briskly steady - so i think i've finally learned to love it!

Last edited by bird's eye view of my ukelele; 01-06-2019 at 08:56 PM.
    lynda

La det swinge, la det rock 'n' roll

It's apparently well past midnight now in Hawaii so I can declare that the "Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick" season is well and truly closed!

Thank you all for your inspired and incredibly inventive contributions this week - it was a challenge that so many of you not only rose to, but ascended way beyond!

I will finish things off with the wrap in a day or two, when I will be announcing the winners - yes I know I said only one but how many of you really believed I'd be able to stick to that!?

THANK YOU ALL!

I am sorry that I was away on a silent retreat for the entire Rhythm Stick Season, but I am going to have fun looking and listening to these submissions now that I am back! I am ever in debt to my little metronome friends and I love playing with their help on an almost daily basis. Great idea for a season, Del! I am going to be on the hunt for old drum machines in the future as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukio View Post
    I am sorry that I was away on a silent retreat for the entire Rhythm Stick Season, but I am going to have fun looking and listening to these submissions now that I am back! I am ever in debt to my little metronome friends and I love playing with their help on an almost daily basis. Great idea for a season, Del! I am going to be on the hunt for old drum machines in the future as well.
    Gutted you missed it, Christopher - your creative talents would have been a perfect fit for the theme! Anyway, hope the retreat was everything you wanted it to be, but equally I hope you've returned ready to make some big noise!

A challenging season (for me), Del, but also a very fun one! It's been really interesting to see what "instruments" can be classified as "percussion"! Thank you!
    "Don't walk in front of me .. I may not follow.
    Don't walk behind me ... I may not lead.
    Walk beside me ... just be my friend."
    Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by LimousinLil View Post
    A challenging season (for me), Del, but also a very fun one! It's been really interesting to see what "instruments" can be classified as "percussion"! Thank you!
    Thank you, Val! And thank you for rising to the challenge so very well - you have more rhythm than you ever knew!

If I had time this is the one I would have brought

Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.

Season 359 Wrap

Thank you all again for your wonderful contributions to the season - can the winners please contact me by pm with their details.

SOTU 359 Prizewinners’ Playlist
    Last edited by DelGriff; 01-09-2019 at 03:40 AM.

Thread Information