Season 359 - "Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick"

Just made it in time...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand one more!

"hi ho silver lining" :rock:

i used my korg (no really, i don't own shares in the company!) digital metronome for this... i've not used it for a vid before, and to be honest i don't practise with it, like i intended to when i got it, because i hate it telling me what to do! :rolleyes: however it was just the ticket for this song - the tap in button let me match the tempo of the jeff beck version, which i love, exactly, and it kept me nice and briskly steady - so i think i've finally learned to love it!

Last edited:
It's apparently well past midnight now in Hawaii so I can declare that the "Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick" season is well and truly closed!

Thank you all for your inspired and incredibly inventive contributions this week - it was a challenge that so many of you not only rose to, but ascended way beyond!

I will finish things off with the wrap in a day or two, when I will be announcing the winners - yes I know I said only one but how many of you really believed I'd be able to stick to that!?

THANK YOU ALL!

I am sorry that I was away on a silent retreat for the entire Rhythm Stick Season, but I am going to have fun looking and listening to these submissions now that I am back! I am ever in debt to my little metronome friends and I love playing with their help on an almost daily basis. Great idea for a season, Del! I am going to be on the hunt for old drum machines in the future as well.

I am sorry that I was away on a silent retreat for the entire Rhythm Stick Season, but I am going to have fun looking and listening to these submissions now that I am back! I am ever in debt to my little metronome friends and I love playing with their help on an almost daily basis. Great idea for a season, Del! I am going to be on the hunt for old drum machines in the future as well.

Gutted you missed it, Christopher - your creative talents would have been a perfect fit for the theme! Anyway, hope the retreat was everything you wanted it to be, but equally I hope you've returned ready to make some big noise! ;)

A challenging season (for me), Del, but also a very fun one! It's been really interesting to see what "instruments" can be classified as "percussion"! Thank you!
Thank you, Val! And thank you for rising to the challenge so very well - you have more rhythm than you ever knew! :)

If I had time this is the one I would have brought :biglaugh:

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh noooooooooooooooooooooooo the cops are coming for you tooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

FAB wrap vid :worship:

i am thrilled to bits to get a memento-tee of the wonderful season, it was so great, i had a shed load of fun doing my vids, and indeed i finally learned to love the (digital) metronome that i have, and i finally got up the courage to use the bongo cahon in a vid, i was previously so obsessed with how i was rubbish at it, that i totally forgot how much fun being rubbish at it, could be! so, thank you so much for that!

thank you del for a terrific season, as well as the fun of participating, was the huge fun of watching what everyone has brought, i agree that john's drum machine song and the dancing puppet, was a real highlight, as was the brill drumming in that vid of caz's

what a fun week! :rock:

Excellent season Del! Wish the days had been longer, as this is a theme I had dozens of ideas for. Hopefully the theme get's revisited in the future. Congrats to the deserving winners! Especially wonderful idea on the engraved drumsticks :)

Thanks for a remarkable season!
Lots of great entries, and it is always a humbling experience to attempt multitracking... I need some practice with that shaker.

Thanks for a great season Del. It was fun to watch everyones highly successful attempts at percussion. I had included a live cajonita on my cover of Sunny but bailed out as I originally had included the drum beat and felt that it lost its drive with the cajon. Maybe some other time.

And thanks for making me runner up. Very proud and I am sure that me and my little boy will have lots of fun with the eggs.

Cheers.

Thank you all for your kind words! I’ve just setup a prizewinners’ playlist and added a link to it in my wrap post. Enjoy!

EDIT: To save any confusion here is also a link to the prizewinners’ playlist:

PRIZEWINNERS’ PLAYLIST

Last edited:
That was a spectacular season, Del! I really enjoyed watching the videos and I was smiling and nodding in agreement as each winner was announced in the wrap video. Thank you to everyone who participated in this season!

Top Bottom