Season 359 - "Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick"

I guess this is a good week to do some songs I've been playing with that haven't fit into any of the recent seasons. Camera batteries died during this one, so it's audio only.

You have found my kryptonite sir...but I am off to practice! I got this.
For now... I was always in awe of how well Tina did this way back in season 23

I miss Tina! Haven't heard from her since she left Mongolia....

Also, I hope that every person to ever play a musical instrument has seen this bit of joy. Best 16 seconds ever recorded. Melissa countered with a hard no when I suggested a similar kitchen session.

:rofl::rotfl:

That kid ...

Happy Birthday, BEV! 29 and counting! :)

Happy Birthday BEV :rock:

Happy 29th, lynda!!
thank you thank you thank you! yes................................ 29 :uhoh: ................ YET AGAIN! ;)

Also, I hope that every person to ever play a musical instrument has seen this bit of joy. Best 16 seconds ever recorded. Melissa countered with a hard no when I suggested a similar kitchen session.
lol i loved that!

ovens are so great, but i understand they are rather hard work for roadies, when on tour

thank you for hosting Del
a Johnny Mercer/Hoagy Carmichael song from the tin pan alley

thank you thank you thank you! yes................................ 29 :uhoh: ................ YET AGAIN! ;)

lol i loved that!

ovens are so great, but i understand they are rather hard work for roadies, when on tour

Oh, yes ... and Happy Birthday, Lynda!!! (Or was it yesterday?)

Wow - you guys have exceeded my (already high) expectations! I really shouldn't be surprised! What a creative and inventive collection of talent we have here! Not even a day into the season and amongst other more conventional percussive elements we've already had chest pounding, wine glass tapping, drawer slamming, a rhythmic knuckle duster, uke slapping and offspring participation. I can see I'm in for a fun week! Thank you all! :cool:

Here's a Buck Owens song I've been wanting to try. I'm guessing poor Del will be sitting there wondering why is he making me listen to this Bluegrass/Hillbilly dreck with no percussion?? Just wait for Sir Del, wait for it........

BlustarDave has 5th anniversary with Paula this was for them.
At the beginning you can hear some barefoot floor slapping but
due to lack of concentration it fades in and out at intermittent intervals.
Dave tried to play this for Paula but had some trouble with that Bm7 chord.
Original by Labi Siffre and covered by Madness

Last edited:
A cover of Australian artist Ed Kuepper. Real tambourine and glockenspiel for some percussion.tambourine got a bit lost but the glock is there for better or worse.
Baritone all laminate kala through yamaha TR5a amp. Happy New Year Cobbers.Video is of Darwin after cyclone at Xmas 1974.I went to Darwin over the Xmas break.Fun little city...but HOT!!

Last edited:
I often whack the top of my bari with my thumb unintentionally but I'm doing it on purpose here. Some foot tapping too which may have got lost in translation.
paoriginal

Has somebody had a birthday..? Did I miss it ? Am I in trouble?

No change there then !!! :confused:

Here is another song I love playing, and was in that same solo set, no Trio+ this time, but just a shaker egg in my strumming hand.
This is a song by Dan H called Harley.

Has somebody had a birthday..? Did I miss it ? Am I in trouble?

No change there then !!! :confused:
don't worry, people struggle with the concept of me getting another year older, because i am forever younger than springtime!

but also yes, i think you were born in trouble! ;)

i never usually start with percussion, but i did for this - i picked a nice groove on my korg kr mini drum gizmo, and just plinked and warbled along to that, until a homemade song happened...

"a little way along the road"

I had all sorts of wonderful ideas but in the end, I just clapped. KISS :rulez: I did aim for a percussive strum though. This song is just made for it.
A summery song with a wintery video. Saltburn beach at various times not in summer.

And here's one from your host!

First saw Cee Lo Green when he was a guest on the Jonathan Ross Show a while back - he did two songs and I was hooked. Bought his 'The Lady Killer' album a few days later and loved it! I struggled a bit here at the top end of the vocals - drums from the Drum Beats+ phone app and I added a little uke slapping (more like gentle tapping!) for good measure.

An original instrumental that you might perhaps go to sleep with. When the video goes dark, that was when I missed the fret and stopped the camera and then just recorded from that part to the end without video. High G tenor for the rhythm strumming, baritone on lead. Bass & drums by ChordPulse.

Last edited:
Here's a John Lennon song from 1973. I chunked throughout, and wore a little finger shaker. Hope it's enough!

Top Bottom