Hello from Ontario

P

Piero

Hi! I've been following this forum for a few months now and have been enjoying reading you all and discovering new artists. I picked up the uke about 3-4 years ago and immediately fell in love with the instrument (I've been playing guitar for 20 years before that). After playing an entry level Lanikai concert for a while, I've recently bought a better Kala ATP-CTG (tenor, low G tuning). This upgrade makes a huge difference in both playability and sound quality.
While I'm mainly into jazzy stuff (Glen Rose, Gerald Ross, Lyle Ritz...), I'm also a big fan of Kalei Gamiao and the like.
I live in Southern Ontario, right in between Toronto and Montreal, by the beautiful lake Ontario. I know we have a regular ‘ukulele jam here, but I've never participated (yet!).

Cheers!

Welcome to the forum... I live in the GTA and we have similar tastes in ukulele music:)

Welcome to the forum... I live in the GTA and we have similar tastes in ukulele music:)

Thank you! Glad to hear we have similar tastes, there are so many inspiring ukulele players, it is sometimes hard to keep track!

Welcome from yet another Canadian. Solorule and I are friends, live not far from each other and go to the same uke jam. You mentioned a uke jam in your area, get to one ASAP, so much fun playing with others and sharing the joy

Welcome from yet another Canadian. Solorule and I are friends, live not far from each other and go to the same uke jam. You mentioned a uke jam in your area, get to one ASAP, so much fun playing with others and sharing the joy

Thanks for the warm welcome Dave! I'll check my local jam soon, I think they meet once a month. It seems like there's a big ‘ukulele community in the GTA, great to know!

Welcome from Georgian Bay, formally GTA. There is muck here for you to explore. Enjoy!

Welcome from Georgian Bay, formally GTA. There is muck here for you to explore. Enjoy!

Thank you Laurie Ann! There is a lot to explore indeed, I've already found tons of useful information :)

Hello from Grey County, ON. Nice to see so many of us here. I’m new too! Cheers!

Top Bottom