Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ukulele plans?

Default Ukulele plans?

Who sells the best baritone Ukulele plans. I know Georgia luthier and Bob Gleason has some. Anyone else I should look at

Thanks and Happy New Year

LMII has them too
    My Real name is Terry Harris

Quote Originally Posted by resoman View Post
    LMII has them too
    Thanks Terry

Do the real plans have the Do Not Duplicate watermarcked? I was going to xerox them to make my side bending jig pattern.

I doubt they have the watermark on the real plans. I've used transfer paper before to make fixtures from plans. Copied on to like poster board
    My Real name is Terry Harris

The georgia plans come as a efile that allows you to have up to three full size sets printed. I found them to be very complete.Their construction guide was not as helpful.

I bought the Georgia luthier plans because they included the side bender form plans. I thought these would be slightly smaller than the real dimensions but they are the same. Do you all make your side bender forms a little smaller to account for spring back?

Thanks

Happy New Year

I make my bending form 1.8mm smaller than the instrument to take into account the thickness of the sides. They do not have any extra compensation for spring back. If you used the exact same timber every time you could dial that amount in. But if you build like many of us do it will be different species very often. So any spring back will be taken care of on the hot pipe if required.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    I make my bending form 1.8mm smaller than the instrument to take into account the thickness of the sides. They do not have any extra compensation for spring back. If you used the exact same timber every time you could dial that amount in. But if you build like many of us do it will be different species very often. So any spring back will be taken care of on the hot pipe if required.
    Thanks Allen

Hana Lima ‘Ia has plans, construction manual, and parts.
    https://hanalimastore.com/
    -Hodge
    Humble strummer of fine ukes.

Thread Information