Hello from Sapporo! I have a funny story...

Lazy808

Reaction score
Hello! I finally got to register here! I currently live in Sapporo japan. I originally from hilo Hawaii. Funny story .....I used to hate the ukulele.....not exaggerating. I grew up in hilo but had zero interest in Hawaiian culture or the ukulele. I was a musician but wa into rock and metal in the 90’s. I only recently got into the ukulele after I Left the Aina. Japan has a huge appreciation for Hawaiian culture. I actually bought my wife an ukulele for her birthday last year. I reluctantly played it for a bit.....and was hooked. Better late than ever. I got a famous fg-1, koa mele soprano and pono Atsh-pc tenor in the last 4 months. Ukulele has been a part of my daily routine everyday. Nice to be here!

Congratulations on connecting with your cultural identity. I am European and as a child despised the traditional cultures of my home area and had preference for rock and related music. Then I moved to Canada and am now very active in exactly those European cultural activities that I frowned upon as a youth. But yeah I also love Ukulele and Hula music.

Top Bottom