Hard shell case for tenor?

ChuckBarnett

Reaction score
I was given a gift of money with which to purchase a hardshell case for my new ukulele. I'm thinking less than $100 but more than 60. Following the LMI plan produced a slightly shallower body than some I see these days. Any preferences out there?

Thank you, and a Happy New Year to all!

When I sell an ukulele I always include a hardshell case in the deal. Not only does this protect the ukulele, but it protects me from having to do repair work. I hope :rolleyes: I've bought a variety of cases over the years and usually go with the Carrion C-1642 Black Hardshell Tenor Ukulele Case https://www.amazon.com/Carrion-C-1642-Black-Hardshell-Ukulele/dp/B0194MNV7S/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1546296374&sr=8-16&keywords=ukulele+hard+case+tenor+size price is USD$54.

41HLie1Kp6L._AC_US218_.jpg

I've bought more than 25 of these and the problem with them is always the same: the latches are slightly out of alignment but will close with a squeeze.

I also have bought a higher end case such as the Crossrock CRA800TUCH ABS Tenor Ukulele Hard-Shell Case, https://www.amazon.com/Crossrock-CRA800TUCH-Ukulele-Hard-Shell-Champagne/dp/B00HWTPEYE/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1546295243&sr=8-6&keywords=ukulele+hard+case+tenor+size price is USD$89.99. I love these cases, but they are more expensive which costs me $$$ which makes me :(

41mZZpSXjXL._AC_US218_.jpg

Last edited:
I supply the Crossrock like case for my clients. Probably built in the same factory in China but branded Xtreme Case in Australia. Good seals and latches are nice. Good protection but they are not flight case tough, so don't expect that it would fair well at the airport without some extra boxing.

I have found them to be about as good as I can get in Australia for the price range that you are looking at.

Were it not for the gift and my accountability to the gifter, I would settle for something cheaper. But I liked all I saw about the Crossrock case. I have a. Champaign one coming on the weekend.

Thanks, all!

Which Crossrock? They make quite a few styles

]I have the Crossrock fiberglass, 1000 model, for my Kamaka tenor - it is well made and purchased used. My lesser tenor is in a Use Crazy hard foam case and I am well pleased. I also have a Reunion Blues gig bag which is phenomenal but much bulkier, yet a good travel bag with its backpack straps. Whatever it takes - protect your ukuleles!
IMG_3754.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3754.jpg
    IMG_3754.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 7
Top Bottom