Hello from Uk

Hague101

Reaction score
Hi People My Names Martin live in the UK
Age 47 just started playing the ukulele about 3 months ago,wish I had started years ago it's quite addictive.
I started playing because i suffer from depression and
Started playing to take my off things and focus on something positive. I want to go more finger style than strumming. I can play the basic chords and play along quite well. But if any have info on fingerstyle any tips would be handy the internet is over brimming with info
Just 2 much to focus down on.
I Started off with a 30£ukulele off Amazon but
Bought a kala tenor for Christmas.

Anyways Happy New Year peeps Speak soon.

Last edited:
Hi Martin,

With that name, you will doubtless end up with one eventually. I discovered the allure of the ukulele about twenty-five years ago. Addictive? - Yup, it is that. I well remember that initial rush of interest, and back then there was no internet to feed it. I found myself hanging around music shops and buying "Buskers" books etc. It must be amazing, as a beginner, to have the huge glittering world of the internet to refer to.

Welcome to U.U. - you'll find a lot of help, encouragement and advice.

John Colter

Hi Martin and welcome. Happy new year!

I'm also in the UK. I've learnt much of my fingerstyle through online tutorials and patreon - lots of fantastic resources around. Some great ones for me have been the UU tutorials, rock class 101, Matt Dahlberg and Cynthia Lin to name just a few.

Did you say you got a new Kala? Nice!

Welcome again :)

Hi Martin, welcome, lots of info on here and youtube.
Enjoy
Dan

yes Got a Acacia kala for christmas a present for myself. youtube channels i like Jellynote, allforuke, and manymore , also i bought myself 6 lessons then joined a ukulele group. Still early days i try and get a couple of hrs of practising in aday.

Welcome Martin! Plenty of info both on here and the internet. My tips for finger style - take a look for easy tab of a tune you like, and start sloooow. You'll need to repeat lots and lots of times (split the tune into sections and repeat those shorter sections) but will soon pick it up enough to get up to speed. Good luck, come back and lets us know how you get on :) Here are two great web sites for tabs. The tuition sites already mentioned are great too.

http://dominator.ukeland.com/index2.shtml
https://pdfminstrel.wordpress.com/2-standard-high-g-ukulele-pdfs/

yes Got a Acacia kala for christmas a present for myself. youtube channels i like Jellynote, allforuke, and manymore , also i bought myself 6 lessons then joined a ukulele group. Still early days i try and get a couple of hrs of practising in aday.

All sounds just right! I really like acacia, nice choice

Top Bottom