Hello from Massachusetts, USA

SpaceForRent

Reaction score
Greetings, UU!

A bit of personal history first... I started my musical “career” on trumpet, then switched to sousaphone and marched that through college. I’ve also dabbled a bit with guitar in the past. However, don’t consider myself a musician. I’m a self-proclaimed hack, but do enjoying playing. Sticking my face back in a tuba at this stage of my life just isn’t feasible for many reasons, so I started looking for an instrument I could play casually, solo. I’ve also done a fair bit of woodworking. So when I stumbled upon an inexpensive ukulele kit on Amazon before Christmas, I had an “a-ha!” moment and onto my wishlist went the Zimo Concert Ukulele DIY kit. I did get it (thanks, Mom & Dad!), but unfortunately it arrived with a crack in the body.

That brings us back to today. I’m waiting for the replacement kit and have a *ton* of questions. Don’t worry.... I know how “search” works. So I’m going to lurk for a bit and absorb some knowledge. When I get the new kit and can scrounge up some free time, maybe I’ll post the build process.

**EDIT** I should have mentioned that I know I’m most likely going to get what I paid for in how a $35 uke kit plays. I’m OK with that. I’ll have fun building it and get some good experience with finishing techniques. I’m pretty sure it will be suitable to start learning to play. If I outgrow it, I look forward to building a better quality kit and the Zimo will look good hanging on the wall.

Last edited:
Welcome from the North Shore!

Top Bottom