Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Season 360 - Celebrating a Year of Music

Just getting this one in with about 20 or so minutes of the season left. I can’t remember what number out of the 365 this one was, but its always been a favourite of mine. Peel used to play Eddie And The Hot Rods fairly regularly I seem to remember, before they had their success with this great song, which they released as The Rods, in 1977. They later split up but then reformed again as Eddie And The Hot Rods, which is a much better name I think. Sorry I couldn’t do more this season, but had to get 361 sorted

The 360th Season of the Ukulele is no closed. Short wrap in the next couple of days, after I have finished commenting.

Thanks everyone for your takes on some of Steve’s 365 songs. And thanks again to Steve for sharing his chord sheets, being a good sport about being the reason for the season, and for his work bringing lamps to Africa.
    Andy

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"
    ~A.W.E. O'Shaughnessy

I have really enjoyed watching every one of this week's videos - and that's the reason I have only had time to do one myself. Hearing you fine people do these songs in your own way has been a lot of fun. It was especially pleasing to welcome two new Seasonistas to the fold - Jasmine & William - and to find out that it was my 365 song challenge which inspired Cazteclo to join in last year. The more the merrier.

Let's face it - if it hadn't been for the Seasons, my last year would never have happened. It was a couple of years of song hunting for the Seasons, and hearing great discoveries from the rest of you, which led to me having the chords for 300+ songs on my computer. And it was Alan Thornton's Season 285, where the theme changed each day, which had me recording every day for a week. So when an email arrived from SolarAid the following week, asking for fundraising ideas, the light bulb moment happened.

And I have to thank you all once again for the support over the last year, and the kind words that you have sent my way over the last week. All very much appreciated. And with the donations total climbing over the 2200 mark, this has gone far better than I ever hoped (that's about 540 families who will have a solar lamp). Amazing what a plastic uke can do.

Thank you everyone, and see you down the road marked "Seasons".
    www.365ukesongs.co.uk - 365 songs in 365 days, raising funds for SolarAid

Soprano - KoAloha KSM-00, Maccaferri Islander....Concert - Barron River Mahogany, Barron River Cypress, MyaMoe Koa, Johnny Marvin "Tenor" ....Sopranino - Rob Collins Cigar Box...all with Worth strings...and a few chords

Hi Steve - interested to know:

a) Did the 365 challenge become a chore by the end or did you enjoy it all the way through?

b) Do you miss it?

Quote Originally Posted by DelGriff View Post
    Hi Steve - interested to know:

a) Did the 365 challenge become a chore by the end or did you enjoy it all the way through?

b) Do you miss it?

No, a chore is something like hanging the washing out again after the rain has stopped. Doing a song every day just became part of the daily routine, but I always enjoyed it, even when the time was a bit on the short side. The only frustrating part was doing the uploads & blog updates from places where broadband didn't exist and phone reception was poor, but the uke playing bit was always OK.

And do I miss it...not at all! I am going back to songs I like to play, trying to remember how to remember them.
    www.365ukesongs.co.uk - 365 songs in 365 days, raising funds for SolarAid

Soprano - KoAloha KSM-00, Maccaferri Islander....Concert - Barron River Mahogany, Barron River Cypress, MyaMoe Koa, Johnny Marvin "Tenor" ....Sopranino - Rob Collins Cigar Box...all with Worth strings...and a few chords

Quote Originally Posted by YorkSteve View Post
    the donations total climbing over the 2200 mark
    wow that is so great!
    lynda

metal guru is it you?

Thread Information