Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 360 - Celebrating a Year of Music

delete delete
    Last edited by Ukecaster; 01-09-2019 at 06:12 AM. Reason: all good
    John

Blimey - it’s like Groundhog Day in here today!

Ahoy. I think I cleaned up all my Groundhog Day posts. I thought my phone was acting up and kept retrying... now I know not to do that in the future.

Greetings and Happy New Year,

It's my first post in awhile. I chose a song Steve covered in Season 247 "The Sped of the Sound of Loneliness. Hope everyone had great holidays and are ready for a great year of music.

Ciao

" Why am I here why do I care, what do I hope to find? Nothing here can save me from the memories in my mind” GSC

I was pleasantly surprised to see that Steve had covered a Bap Kennedy tune. I've been a fan for quite some time, and this is one of my favorites of his. On the original he brilliantly has Shane McGowan sing the last verse. Shane was unavailable today so I had no choice but to do it all myself.
    I've only tried out the harmonica once before so I'm still learning. My attempt is a bit off but this being a two chord song I felt it needed a little something else. Accordion accompaniment would have sounded nice.
    I'm super impressed with Steve's achievement. Wish I could have contributed more to the cause.

NEWSFLASH

We interrupt this wonderful season of musical tributes to Steve to announce that the wrap for Season 359 is now available to view on the “Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick” thread.

Thank you!

Thank you Del!

And thanks to all who notified me of technical issues. It seems as if the maintenance issues have been taken care of and hopefully we are back up running at full tilt. Lesson for the future - you only need to post once. So many zombie entries from me...

Anyway, the playlist is up to date to here. If I have left you off I swear it was inadvertent, just let me know and I’ll add you in. Thanks all.
    Andy

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"
    ~A.W.E. O'Shaughnessy

Never mind the words, just hum along and keep on going...

YouTube UkeintheHeartofTexas

Default 360-Tuesday

I really like this song that Rick performed.

I'm hoping I've not gazumped someone who's been lost in the ether here. This will be the third time I've done this song for the seasons, the first was nearly 5 years ago in the second season I ever took part in, but it's such a fun song to play I couldn't resist.

"Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

"I can't rock around the tree unless you rock around with me"

Thread Information