Season 360 - Celebrating a Year of Music

Hello all - Several people have sent me PM's regarding issues posting to the Season thread. I am doing no additional moderating, and have been having similar issues to what various people have been describing. Unless Booli or someone with similar technical know-how has other suggestions I say just keep trying.

In the meantime I have added a couple of new videos to the playlist that folks sent as PM's. My inbox is now pretty empty, so if you can't post to the thread after a couple of tries you can always send me your link. Do keep trying to post here though. I think there are a number of people who like to just use the thread to watch.

We've also had our first instance of a close in time same song submission. Still 339 songs sitting there for the choosing!

Hello all - Several people have sent me PM's regarding issues posting to the Season thread. I am doing no additional moderating, and have been having similar issues to what various people have been describing. Unless Booli or someone with similar technical know-how has other suggestions I say just keep trying.

In the meantime I have added a couple of new videos to the playlist that folks sent as PM's. My inbox is now pretty empty, so if you can't post to the thread after a couple of tries you can always send me your link. Do keep trying to post here though. I think there are a number of people who like to just use the thread to watch.

We've also had our first instance of a close in time same song submission. Still 339 songs sitting there for the choosing!

I dearly love this Billy Joel classic, and have wanted to try it for a long time, so this week was a great time, but it's a complicated as all get out song to attempt! Yeesh.......

Well lets see if this works now, seems there was an issue with the forum earlier and several earlier attempts to post failed. Anyway, this is a tune our local group does regularly, Memphis Tennessee. I did a multi track version for the seasons, hope you like it.

Well, disregard. Seems everybody was having the same trouble and now they've all tumbled through the door at once. I'm cleaning up my multiples right now to tidy up the thread.

Ahoy. I think I cleaned up all my Groundhog Day posts. I thought my phone was acting up and kept retrying... now I know not to do that in the future.

Greetings and Happy New Year,

It's my first post in awhile. I chose a song Steve covered in Season 247 "The Sped of the Sound of Loneliness. Hope everyone had great holidays and are ready for a great year of music.

Ciao

I was pleasantly surprised to see that Steve had covered a Bap Kennedy tune. I've been a fan for quite some time, and this is one of my favorites of his. On the original he brilliantly has Shane McGowan sing the last verse. Shane was unavailable today so I had no choice but to do it all myself.
I've only tried out the harmonica once before so I'm still learning. My attempt is a bit off but this being a two chord song I felt it needed a little something else. Accordion accompaniment would have sounded nice.
I'm super impressed with Steve's achievement. Wish I could have contributed more to the cause.

NEWSFLASH

We interrupt this wonderful season of musical tributes to Steve to announce that the wrap for Season 359 is now available to view on the “Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick” thread.

Thank you! ;)

Thank you Del!

And thanks to all who notified me of technical issues. It seems as if the maintenance issues have been taken care of and hopefully we are back up running at full tilt. Lesson for the future - you only need to post once. So many zombie entries from me...

Anyway, the playlist is up to date to here. If I have left you off I swear it was inadvertent, just let me know and I’ll add you in. Thanks all.

I'm hoping I've not gazumped someone who's been lost in the ether here. This will be the third time I've done this song for the seasons, the first was nearly 5 years ago in the second season I ever took part in, but it's such a fun song to play I couldn't resist.

Top Bottom