Season 360 - Celebrating a Year of Music

Desert Pavement

Rock Doctor
UU VIP
Reaction score
Or, more specifically, celebrating a year of music by Steve (YorkSteve).

As many of us know, Steve just completed 365 consecutive days of playing a song on a little plastic ukulele in order to raise funds for solar lamps to be sent to children in Africa (more details here). Moreover, he managed to play at a high level of quality AND stay engaged with the Seasons all year long.

In recognition of this herculean effort, and for making the world a little brighter (literally in this case), this first full week of 2019 I would like to hear your versions of some of the 365 songs played by Steve during 2018. You can find them here (on the web) or here (on YT).

Original songs are welcome. Please make them songs about celebration, friendship and/or togetherness. I have enough negativity to dwell on as I sit here at home twiddling my thumbs and waiting for permission from the US Government to go back to work.

No prizes this week besides a grin, a pat on the back and my undying gratitude for making the Seasons what they are.

The Rules
Usual ones...
The Season begins at 11:59:59 PM Hawaii Time on 5 Jan. and ends at 11:59:59 PM Hawaii time on 13 Jan.
You can play anything you have previously brought to the seasons, but the video must be newly recorded for Season 360.
Multi-tracking ok but the ukulele must be prominent. I will deviate from recent norms here and say that it must be a ukulele.
1 song per day limit
etc. I'm sure I'm forgetting some usual rules, but if you aren't sure then just ask here and I will do my best to clarify.

The Wrinkle
Once a song has been performed, it is removed from play.
Steve played a wide variety of songs and styles, and I think this should be within reason. Exceptions will only be made for submissions that come very close together in time.

Saturday is a free day. If you have spent a few days working on something and find someone has played it, then it is ok to post it on Saturday. Hopefully this will nudge some submissions from folks who might not otherwise contribute.

I will post the playlist once things start rolling in on the 6th. Until then there is still more than 24 hours remaining in Del's percussive Season 359.

Thanks everyone, and Happy New Year!

PLAYLIST

Last edited:
Love it, Andy!

(Blush, Blush)

Andy had warned me that this might be happening. I was delighted, as for once I would have no problem finding a song to do.

If you find a song but need the chords/words, you can follow the links from here - http://www.365ukesongs.co.uk/p/downloads.html

Looking forward to hearing what you all choose. And I might chip in with one or two myself.

Great idea Andy. Pays tribute to a brilliant effort and encourages people to go back digging into the massive catalogue of songs. Inspired.

I confess I didn't listen to as many of Steve's songs as I'd hoped. Great opportunity to rectify this.

Looking forward to hearing what you all choose. And I might chip in with one or two myself.

You can revisit songs you played Steve, of course. But you have a pass to play whatever you like. I don’t want you to feel like you need to play something you have already if you don’t want to.

Excellent theme Andy! Hope the bobble headed F-tards in Washington can get on the same page soon so you can go back to work! And congratulations to Steve for his amazing effort and achievement over the last year!

wonderful theme idea! steve has done an amazing thing, for a great cause, how lovely to celebrate this in a season!

the no repeat thing is a great extra element of challenge, but i do wonder if it might be a bit brutal for people who take the week to bring us a gorgeous and beautifully worked up masterpiece, they might not find out a song has already been done, until it's too late for them to change tack... i hope if that happens to anyone, they'll let us know, and put their version on the island so we can still enjoy

Last edited:
the no repeat thing is a great extra element of challenge, but i do wonder if it might be a bit brutal for people who take the week to bring us a gorgeous and beautifully worked up masterpiece, they might not find out a song has already been done, until the last minute and it's too late... i hope if that happens to anyone, they'll let us know, and put their version on the island so we can still enjoy

Brill suggestion BEV. I had considered some rugs being pulled out from beneath people, thus the 1 song per day limit. I will be updating the playlist several times per day, so that may be the easiest place to check, rather than cruising back and forth through the thread.

Well I think Steve is a hero for his efforts last year... and it's a few days until David Bowie' s birthday and the anniversary of his death, so I figure this is a good place to start. Nathan wanted to join in too and actually sang the song for once.

Great idea Andy.
I read up on Steve's effort.A great artistic and charitable achievement.Beats me how he still made time to comment on others videos too_One of the good guys.
Happy to see this on his list.

wonderful theme idea! steve has done an amazing thing, for a great cause, how lovely to celebrate this in a season!

the no repeat thing is a great extra element of challenge, but i do wonder if it might be a bit brutal for people who take the week to bring us a gorgeous and beautifully worked up masterpiece, they might not find out a song has already been done, until it's too late for them to change tack... i hope if that happens to anyone, they'll let us know, and put their version on the island so we can still enjoy

Exactly my problem. It takes me most of the week to get s song to an acceptable standard unless I already know it. I probably shan't bother unless I find one I want to learn anyway.

Isabel makes love upon national monuments. (Steve #288)

Code:
[COLOR=#2A2A2A][FONT=Roboto]Isabel makes love upon national monuments[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#2A2A2A][FONT=Roboto]With style and enthusiasm and anyone at all.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#2A2A2A][FONT=Roboto]Isabel's done Stonehenge and the Houses of Parliament,[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#2A2A2A][FONT=Roboto]But so far little Isabel's never played the Albert Hall.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#2A2A2A][FONT=Roboto]Many a monolith has seen Isabel,[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#2A2A2A][FONT=Roboto]Her bright hair in turmoil, her breasts' surging swell.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#2A2A2A][FONT=Roboto]But unhappy Albert, so far denied[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#2A2A2A][FONT=Roboto]The bright sight of Isabel getting into her stride.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#2A2A2A][FONT=Roboto]The Forth Bridge, The Cenotaph, Balmoral and Wembley.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#2A2A2A][FONT=Roboto]The British Museum and the House of Lords.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#2A2A2A][FONT=Roboto]So many ticks in her National Trust catalogue,[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#2A2A2A][FONT=Roboto]But so far the Royal Albert Hall has not scored.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#2A2A2A][FONT=Roboto]Countless cathedrals can now proudly show[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#2A2A2A][FONT=Roboto]Where Isabel's white shoulder blades have briefly reposed.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#2A2A2A][FONT=Roboto]Miserable Albert, still waiting for[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#2A2A2A][FONT=Roboto]The imprint of Isabel on his parquet floor.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#2A2A2A][FONT=Roboto]In Westminster Abbey she lay upon a cold tombstone,[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#2A2A2A][FONT=Roboto]The meat in a sandwich of monumental love,[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#2A2A2A][FONT=Roboto]With old po-faced Wordsworth unblinking beneath[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#2A2A2A][FONT=Roboto]And a bright-eyed young Arch-Deacon breathless above.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#2A2A2A][FONT=Roboto]Many a stony faced statue has flickered its eyes[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#2A2A2A][FONT=Roboto]And swayed to the rhythm of her little panting cries.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#2A2A2A][FONT=Roboto]But oh! wretched Albert never yet has known[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#2A2A2A][FONT=Roboto]Isabel's pretty whinnying echo round his dome.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#2A2A2A][FONT=Roboto]On the last night of the Promenades she waved to the conductor[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#2A2A2A][FONT=Roboto]And there and then on the podium, with scarcely a pause,[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#2A2A2A][FONT=Roboto]With a smile and a bow and a loud "Rule Britannia!"[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#2A2A2A][FONT=Roboto]He completed her collection to enormous applause.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#2A2A2A][FONT=Roboto]Rapturous Albert now knows full well[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#2A2A2A][FONT=Roboto]He's captured forever elusive Isabel.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#2A2A2A][FONT=Roboto]Prettily dishevelled but firmly installed[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#2A2A2A][FONT=Roboto]And faithfully for evermore to the Royal Albert Hall.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#2A2A2A][FONT=Roboto]No more frantic scramblings up the dome of St. Pauls.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#2A2A2A][FONT=Roboto]No more dank rambles on Hadrian's Wall.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#2A2A2A][FONT=Roboto]With style and enthusiasm and anyone at all,[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#2A2A2A][FONT=Roboto]Isabel makes love in the Royal Albert Hall.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Last edited:
I've always loved Blondie, and I wore this 45 record out when it first came out. I wish Dwight Yoakam would have covered this when he was big, would have fit him perfect, and I can hear fiddles doing the lead section. This was a very quick work up and take, so it's a bit rough. I pretty much just figured out the lead section notes then hit record.

Well, I might as well do the one that I started with on Jan 1st last year - and I haven't looked at it since. A bit of Velvet Underground.

Top Bottom