Season 360 - Celebrating a Year of Music

Just got the same. I decided that I would take the risk that UU was not a bot, troll, spam, from the dark net, a scam... or something else really unpleasant and dodgy.

Just looking to see what's already taken and what I can do. I'm just getting over a cold so my voice hasn't been in good shape and I spent yesterday going to IKEA to buy some storage for our upgraded conservatory and putting together same with the aid of my very competent daughter.

Having a cold has meant I've been fortunate to miss all the hassle over the last couple of days

Last edited:
Well, I have got back in by re-setting my PC clock to August 18th 2018, a few days before the security certificate expired. So now I can get back to listening...

(5 minutes later)...that idea didn't work. With my clock set to 2018, I can't get a connection to YouTube, probably because their security certificate is up to date. Back to the phone...

Last edited:
I F'ing HATE google and the like, after telling me that my connection is unsafe , well blow me Your'e the service provider Google,make it safe !!

Anyway...

Season Of The Ukelele 360 Celebration of Song.......

I usually put this info on the vid...but this one ha been an absolute bastroid....nearly didn't get made ,cubase dumped the master track after I had made the first mix down to wav form...the video/s would not play properly in Movie X5 and certainly would not synch for the two parts .....The air in my little room is BLUE.........So, what with UU being uncertified and access like trying to get over and under a barbed wire fence with a bunch of balloons , it's been a pretty sh*te day ....Hope you have fun watching.

Sorry...Its "Back In The Night" for Season of the Uke 360

Recorded this earlier today - only just managed to login to UU after browsers on PC, iPad and Android phone wouldn’t let me in.

My Dad was really into the early Elton John stuff - this was one of my favourites as a kid:

Song #20 on Steve's list. My whistler's acting up again, but here you go.

Also, let me give a strong recommendation to the Martin Premium uke strings. I'm usually a Dapper Dan, er, fluorocarbon man, but these strings are nicely balanced. My flouros are just way too bright when I'm singing in a lower key.

[/end commercial]

A long time ago there was a radio station in San Antonio, KLLS, "easy adult contemporary." I listened to it a lot in the late 70s/early 80s. Sometime around 1980, they announced that on Halloween night, at midnight, they were going to play, in full, without any commercials, the entire album of Jeff Wayne's "War of the Worlds."

I had never heard of this album. But from what they said about it, it sounded like something I would like. So I sat right next to my parents' stereo with some blank cassettes on Halloween night and recorded the whole thing. I missed a little a few times when I had to flip or change the tape. For several years, I listened to this radio recording over and over.

In the mid-80s, I began working as a delivery guy at a pizza place. I made a friend there who had also heard this album, although he didn't own it. Then came one day when he came to work and told me that Hastings, the local book & record store, had gotten in a single copy of this album. He told me he knew how badly I wanted it, so he would give me one day to buy it, and then he was going to go buy it himself if I didn't. I bought it. I made him a cassette copy, and also made a cassette copy for myself so I could play it in my truck. I had to go buy some special 100-minute tapes (50 minutes per side) so I could get all the sides complete. I still have it.

Steve and have a lot of overlaps in our music tastes, or perhaps he and my dad share similar tastes and that's filtered down to me.... anyway. One of those overlaps which is definitely with me, not my dad, is a soft spot for the Killers.

Here's one Steve did very early on, which was tougher than I thought it would be. With added cameo from son of mine.

Connection problems appear to have gone - there is a thread in the Talk section where Rayan says they have moved to a new server to fix that and other issues.

Steve and have a lot of overlaps in our music tastes, or perhaps he and my dad share similar tastes and that's filtered down to me....

Cheeky! I may be old, but at least I saw all the decent bands.:music::rock::music:

Hi Andy, I don't envy your job given the chaos this week but i think you missed my Babooshka off the playlist the other day.

Some more Buddy Holly. I don't know what week as I downloaded Steve's zip file and they're in alphabetical order. An excellent resource and I have a few extracted for future use. I already had my own version of this one, one of my favourite Buddy Holly songs.
The video is of moorhens. I was down at a local park and there was plenty of life in the lake. For those who are unfamiliar. Moorhens are a water bird and are good swimmers but don't have webbed feet.

Early Saturday morning here in FInland and this is my last entry a song by Mike Scott from the Waterboys

Code:
[FONT=arial]I ain't here for to do any business
[/FONT][FONT=arial]I got nobody special to thank
[/FONT][FONT=arial]I'm trying to find
[/FONT][FONT=arial]A friend of mine
[/FONT][FONT=arial]Has anybody here seen Hank
[/FONT][FONT=arial]Well, he's sure to be wearing a Stetson
[/FONT][FONT=arial]He's as long and as thin as a plank
[/FONT][FONT=arial]He's got a fistful of charm
[/FONT][FONT=arial]And a gun beneath his arm
[/FONT][FONT=arial]Has anybody here seen Hank

[/FONT][FONT=arial]Now he ain't in the back of a limo
And he ain't in his bed
He ain't in jail
He ain't out on bail
He ain't getting out of his head
I don't care what he did with his women
I don't care what he did when he drank
I want to hear just one note
From his lonesome old throat
Has anybody here seen Hank[/FONT]

Sorry Ryan, I’ve added your performance of Babooshka to the playlist.

The list should be current up to here. I’m off to a book/music event with Jeff Tweedy in San Francisco so the next update will be in the morning. Thanks again all for your contributions to the Season.

365 Times - an ukulele original by MP

Here is a little song I have written in tribute to Steves effort. I especially remember the outdoor recordings with all kinds of automotive machinery interrupting the song... Anyway, so that is more or less what my song is about. This is for once not in a minor key, so quite upbeat and not too serious. Hope you like it. '365 Times' by MP.

Top Bottom