Season 360 - Celebrating a Year of Music

Playlist is current to here. We are up to 25 songs, which leaves 340 songs waiting to be claimed. Com’n, I know there’s at least one person out there who isn’t ready to pack up the Christmas music yet!

I dearly love this Billy Joel classic, and have wanted to try it for a long time, so this week was a great time, but it's a complicated as all get out song to attempt! Yeesh.......

I dearly love this Billy Joel classic, and have wanted to try it for a long time, so this week was a great time, but it's a complicated as all get out song to attempt! Yeesh!

I dearly love this Billy Joel classic, and have wanted to try it for a long time, so this week was a great time, but it's a complicated as all get out song to attempt!

I dearly love this Billy Joel classic, and have wanted to try it for a long time, so this week was a great time, but it's a complicated as all get out song to attempt!

Oh no! LimousinLil beat me to it.

I've been working on my cover of Together In Electric Dreams since the topic was announced. So I thought I'd post anyway (and cross my fingers that within a day of the other post is considered "close together in time" for this effort). It's the best I could do between work, family commitments and rehearsals.

Congratulations to Steve for his enormous fundraising effort!

Ahoy good people
I am trying out Steve's nr 83 "Innocent When you Dream" by Tom Waits (had not been done at the time of my recording)
I think Steve and his One Year of Uke is a brilliant thing (and it was one of the reasons I joined the seasons - I thought that if that guy can do a song a day then I can try one a week :D )
Here is my submission

Ahoy

Hey I was having trouble adding this post to the season site...
I am trying out Steve's nr 83 "Innocent When you Dream" by Tom Waits (had not been done at the time of my recording)
I think Steve and his One Year of Uke is a brilliant thing (and it was one of the reasons I joined the seasons - I thought that if that guy can do a song a day then I can try one a week :D ) Here is my submission

Some throat clearing:

1) I happen to know this one, albeit first from The Pogues lovely cover of it on Rum, Sodomy and the Lash before I knew it was by Ewan MacColl. Kinda rusty with it, and the high bits aren't comfortably in my range, but I love to play this song anyway and I was really pleased to see it on Steve's list.

2) What a list! And what an accomplishment! Good on you for your good works, Steve. You did good in the world, and at the same time provided a fabulous playlist. We must be of a generation, because your taste in music jibes well with mine. So pleased to see the Buzzcocks (RIP Pete), The Jam, The Clash, The Ramones, etc on there. Thank you and thank you.

Playlist is current to here. We are up to 25 songs, which leaves 340 songs waiting to be claimed. Com’n, I know there’s at least one person out there who isn’t ready to pack up the Christmas music yet!

Andy, having trouble getting a new post up. Trying a reply quote to see if goes through. Stuff seems to be piling up in a queue. Any clue what's going on?

Song #97, Yes Sir, I Can Boogie (1977) by Frank Dostal and Rolf Soja. Steve's version was great, so I have to restore the balance in the universe by making an embarrassing cover. :)

Somebody in YT has used the original song as a soundtrack for dance lesson by the Finnish Disco Guru Åke Blomqvist:

Top Bottom