Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fender electric uke sound sample

Default Fender electric uke sound sample

Hey-o! I have the Fender Nohea ukulele and I just got a Fishman pickup installed. I used a USB guitar cable (available at Target) and played around with GarageBand last night.

It doesn't sound too bad…Fender Uke

that sound real nice im getting quite jealous!

it sounds good, alot of bazckground noise. I dont know if garage band cleans it up, but I know that adobe audition can in 2 steps. I like the sound though.
    I don't sniff glue, I eat it!!!

that may have been the settings I used, GarageBand has all these amps you can pick from. I think if I recorded it as an "acoustic instrument" it would be super clean.

The settings are fun though, you can make a uke sound like all kinds of styles, 70s groove, heavy metal solo, nashville, 80s pop. It's pretty fun.

Sounds fairly bright, almost like steel strings...
    Ian
    -------------------------------------------
    “Errare humanum est, perseverare diabolicum, et tertium non datur. To err is human; to persevere in error is diabolical; there is no third option.”
    Seneca the Younger
    Ukulele reviews * Vintage Uke Music * Tequila * Henry Hudson * Harmonica reviews * Blog

I'm with Ian on this. The uke almost sounds as though it has steel strings. The tone is nice and clear. Which Fishman pickup did you have installed?
    Ukulele Player is Still ONLINE.... you can find it here:

https://archive.org/details/issue30_201712
    (Ukulele Player Magazine)
    Ukulele Player Magazine STORE...
    http://www.zazzle.com/ukeplayermagazine

I really like that sound. Seems like there's a lot of directions you can go from there. Keep experimenting and posting.

Thanks.

While I realize a lot of the sound is probably filtered by the software, this has made me more curious about trying a Fender uke. I'm not sure whether to thank or curse you for that. The only one that really appeals to me is the solid mahogany, though - the Pa'ina.
    Ian
    -------------------------------------------
    “Errare humanum est, perseverare diabolicum, et tertium non datur. To err is human; to persevere in error is diabolical; there is no third option.”
    Seneca the Younger
    Ukulele reviews * Vintage Uke Music * Tequila * Henry Hudson * Harmonica reviews * Blog

Quote Originally Posted by ichadwick View Post
    While I realize a lot of the sound is probably filtered by the software, this has made me more curious about trying a Fender uke. I'm not sure whether to thank or curse you for that. The only one that really appeals to me is the solid mahogany, though - the Pa'ina.
    Again, I have to agree with you, Ian. I love the look of the koa laminated uke, but without electronics, I can't see buying it... unless you opt for Tuscadero's added electronics.
    Ukulele Player is Still ONLINE.... you can find it here:

https://archive.org/details/issue30_201712
    (Ukulele Player Magazine)
    Ukulele Player Magazine STORE...
    http://www.zazzle.com/ukeplayermagazine

I just figured out why there was all that extra noise. I set the input in Garageband to Stereo, instead of Mono, whoops. When I record with the input setting as mono it reduces the noise quite a bit, I think. It still sounds a little bright, but I think that's just the way it's going to be.

Thread Information