Lessons if you're more into solos (recommend sites)

hollymichele

Reaction score
I want to take some lessons online that teach you a mix of strumming and finger style, but overall I'm more into solos (because I don't care to sing along - and strumming, to me, can tend to not be as fulfilling if you aren't going to sing along).

So I'm looking for a site that leans more towards solos. So far, I'm thinking Rock Class 101 or The Ukulele Way. For those who are taking lessons from either of these sites (or have already done so), would they be a good fit for what I'm looking for? Do you have another site you'd recommend instead?

I realize there's tons of free education for the ukulele out there, but I think I'd do much better with something more structured (which tends to be the paid subscriptions). Thanks so much!

I can vouch for The Ukulele Way. One caveat is that it is helpful if you can read standard notation music. Price is reasonable ($7/month in USD). But before signing up, go to the site and try a few of his free lessons. No singing, and excellent clear progressive instruction that also lends itself to jumping around based on your interests.

I like “The Ukulele Way”.
After you get James’ method down it is easy to make your own arrangements.

Top Bottom