Hello From South Florida

Hemii

Reaction score
Hi UU, I'm 24 and coming to the uke for the first time after years of on and off guitar playing, along with playing the sax as my first instrument.

I've thought about getting and learning the ukulele for years since seeing Jake Shimabukuro's Ted Talk about it back in 2010 or 11, but it was always kind of on the back burner. The thing that finally got me to pull the trigger was looking around on Spotify for something to listen to while going to sleep (music helps keep my mind from wandering and also distracts me when the ringing in my ears thats probably tinnitus gets bad) I found Eddie Kamae's album "Heart of the Ukulele" and was just hooked. One of my motivations for coming here is also trying to find tabs or the chords for some of the songs from it, particularly Star Eyes which stands out really strongly to me and, I could be presumptuous, but it sounds like it'd be a good piece for getting used to playing chords in the uke.

Currently I have a Kmise Mahogany Tenor coming to me in the mail after seeing tons of people all over the internet, including here, remarking how its a good value.

Welcome to the wonderful world of ukulele, Hemii. Lots of great information and helpful people on the Forum, so you've come to the right place.
Jan D.

From one south Floridian to another: welcome to the UU forum, Hemii!

Welcome to UU, Hemii!
I don't know how close you are to Tampa, but we have here one of the largest ukulele clubs in the Southeast, the Tampa Bay Ukulele Society. We're on Meetup.com and Facebook. Membership is free.

Top Bottom