Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2019 NAMM thread

Default 2019 NAMM thread

Who is going and which day or days?

I'm going on Sunday. With my walking limitations, I'll ride my Immotor stand-up mobility scooter, gets me through the show in no time.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
    • Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video

I'm goin'. It's down the street.
    If life seems jolly rotten,
    There's something you've forgotten,
    And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing! - Eric Idle

Is it open to the public?
    My pride and joy is a Solid Mahogany Tiny Tenor from Pepe Romero/Daniel Ho. I named it "Lumière"
    I also have a Kala Soprano KA-ASOV-S Spruce and Ovangkol which I named "Blood, Sweat, & Tears"
    And another soprano by Kanilea. The Islander AS-4 Acacia that I call "Little Bear"
    KLOS Carbon Fiber Tenor Deluxe Acoustic/Electric Ukulele - no name yet

Quote Originally Posted by cyber3d View Post
    Is it open to the public?
    No, not open to the public. You have to be a member of NAMM (National Association of Music Merchants) as a retailer, wholesaler, manufacturer, distributor, buyer, etc. My younger brother manufactures audio accessories so he's a member and lists me as a guest of his, which is also limited. My friend who founded and conducts the LA Lawyers Philharmonic/Big Band of Barristers/Legal Voices Chorus (for which I'm the staff photographer) gets in because of his position.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org

Someone told me it’s open to the public on Sunday??
    Mya Moe Chocolate Mango Concert
    Romero Creations Koa ST Concert
    Concert Magic Fluke
    Gary Creedy Cherry Tenor
    Martin OX soprano
    Deering Goodtime Banjo Uke
    Mainland Cedar/Rosewood Baritone

I will be going on Thursday, as a guest of a guitar manufacturer. It's going to be great fun!

In the past, the Summer NAMM show held in June in Nashville has opened the show to the public for one day. But I am not sure if it is done each year. You'll have to check their website as summer approaches if it will be open this year.

Luke

No, that's not correct. I always go on Sunday and they check your registration ID at every door. Non-members can apply for entry, but must meet certain requirements. This is what is on the NAMM web site:

"The NAMM Show is open to all members as well as professionals and buyers from non-member companies seeking products, solutions and services in music, sound and event technology. We will determine if you are eligible for registration. Representatives from organizations that do not qualify for NAMM membership may register for a general attendee badge to attend The 2019 NAMM Show.

General attendee registration is available to pro audio professionals and buyers representing non-member companies, venues and houses of worship, as well as music educators and music majors. Must be 18 or over to attend The NAMM Show. General attendee badges cost between $35 and $150, depending on qualified role within the industry. Please note: ALL registration purchases are non-refundable and non-transferable."

mike:

Please re-read my post carefully. I said that in the past the Summer NAMM show has been opened to the public. I was not referring to the Winter NAMM show.

I should have specified the winter NAMM show, but below is what I just read on the NAMM site, note that they say "shows" in two places.

"How do I attend NAMM's trade shows and is the show open to the public?

Attendance at NAMM trade shows is restricted to owners, suppliers, employees, endorsed artists and guests of NAMM member companies. NAMM's membership is comprised of companies that make, buy and/or sell musical instruments and products. If your company meets this requirement, you can apply for membership."

The outside area is not restricted, there's a large stage area with performances and food trucks in abundance, but there are restrictions to get into the halls. I just don't want people to get their hopes up when it's so clear that it's not open to the public. I've seen this question asked for years and the answer is always the same, but there seems to be a lot of hearsay. If anyone has actually attended without registering, please speak up.

Last edited by kohanmike; 01-10-2019 at 09:26 PM.

Thread Information