Ghetto Child (the Spinners)

keonepax

Verified Account
Reaction score
Love this song from the mid-70s by the Spinners. The song was written by Linda Creed and Thom Bell, who wrote a lot of hits for the Spinners and the Stylistics. Hope you like my rendition:

John.

There are many musicians I've met who'd inspired me over the last couple of years I've been playing again regularly; many of them our mates here on UU. And *YOU* are certainly one of them.

I totally love the stuff you do, and I am envious of not only your relaxed way of singing and playing, but also the way you present yourself in these videos with both multi-screen, and sound overlays at times. I've never understood (technically) how to do that.

But y'know what buddy? YOU have got me wanting to learn how! I have some decent recording kit now, and am going to TRY teach myself to do something similar using that and my iMac. Time will tell, but don't hold your breath awaiting my first such video...I suspect it might take me quite a while! lol

Mate, this post was brilliant and I totally enjoyed it. Thanks for continuing to entertain us in 2019.

Thanks, Dave! I really appreciate your kind comments! I think from the start I was interested in learning how to incorporate harmony (and other instrumentation) in my ukulele videos, so that was plenty of incentive to learn how to use GarageBand, the audio editing software in Mac. And then for editing visuals, I first started on iMovie, then moved to Final Cut Express. These programs seemed daunting at first, but I learned a little bit at a time. There's a ton of tutorial stuff on YouTube related to using these programs. The more editing techniques you learn, the more it opens up the imagination to try different kinds of stuff, and I love the creative challenge. Another bonus is that it makes collaboration possible, since you can combine audio and video from different participants.

Thanks, Brenda and Dave! On the other hand, you can say this is one of my worst two in 2019! :)

Thanks, Campbell! I really appreciate it! :)

John, another great and entertaining video. Mahalo and aloha.

Mahalo, luv2uke! I really appreciate it and apologize for the delay in responding, but I couldn't get on to UU for a while!

Always excellent! Never heard that before.
Thanks,
D

John,

Great rendition of another '70s classic. More than four decades later and lyrics still seem timely. Thank you for sharing.

Bill

Last edited:
Thanks, Joseph! Thanks, Bill! I really appreciate it! Hope the New Year has started well for you! :)

Top Bottom