GOTOH Tuners

Jerryc41

Reaction score
Let's see if this will post today - no luck yesterday.
------------------------------------------------------------

I love the Gotoh UPT tuners, but they are so hard to buy. I can order them from the factory in Japan, but that takes months and costs almost $100. HMS stocks some, but Gotoh makes so many different combinations that HMS can't stock everything. My last order was out of stock, so I requested anything in black.

I'm thinking Gotoh has a very small operation, so they can't turn out large numbers of tuners to supply dealers. I'm also thinking that other manufacturers should start making these things. You'd think Grover or Waverly would want to tap into this market.

Doing a search on Amazon got me this:
We found 0 results for "ukulele upt tuning machines"

EDIT: I found this on eBay.
https://www.ebay.com/i/122961599145?chn=ps

Seems to be a bunch on eBay when I type in Gotoh UPT. I don't want to deal with international sellers, so I select US only. Right now, there are 7 listings for UPT tuners from US sellers. I especially like the looks of these ones, which would be a nice replacement if you had a 40's Martin with tulip style tuners, and you wanted to keep that look.

UPT.JPG

To the OP, I have no idea what the problem is regarding your posts and chances are it's associated with the problems Admin is currently working on. I understand the frustration when a post does not appear but multiple postings compound the problem. Thank You for your patience and support. Refer to this post concerning the ongoing problem.

Last edited:
To the OP, I have no idea what the problem is regarding your posts and chances are it's associated with the problems Admin is currently working on. I understand the frustration when a post does not appear but multiple postings compound the problem. Thank You for your patience and support. Refer to this post concerning the ongoing problem.

When I looked again today, my post was still sitting there in the "waiting-to-be-posted area," so I clicked and posted it.

Top Bottom