FS: Vintage Martin Style 2 soprano

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ukecaster

Reaction score
Early 60's Martin Style 2 soprano. Plays & sounds great. Loud, with classic vintage Martin soprano tone. Great action: about 2mm at 12th fret. All original, except strap pin at bottom was removed, with hole filled. Tuners are original, and work exceptionally well, best vintage tuners I've ever used. 3 back cracks were repaired by some previous owner, seem vary stable. Uke has the usual bumps, dings and finish cracks/crazing, none through the wood. A lovely vintage Martin soprano. Only selling because I also have a vintage Style 0 which I like only a tiny bit more. Strung with Martin M600. Ships in vintage chipboard case.

$399.00 shipped in CONUS only

20180927_114649-1.jpg
20180927_114710.jpg
3.JPG
5.JPG
4.JPG

Someone buy this! It's a steal. I don't know how long I can resist.

Surprised nobody has snapped this one up yet. It is a lovely instrument at a great price. I am sure it sounds killer and looks even better in person.

Good luck with the sale!

Got asked for more pics of the back , here's a couple. The biggest repaired crack has a horizontal finish crack at the top, presumably along the heel block. That horizontal section looks like a finish crack only, not through the wood.

16.jpg
15.jpg

here's a video

Last edited:
Bumpage. Forgot to mention, I'll offer this to local buyers (I'm in Mass.) for $350.00 cash, local pickup or meet
up.

This is a very good deal. I know because I have one in about the same condition and I probably will never sell it. It is amazing to me this is still sitting here. If you are a novice and looking to upgrade your tone with out spending a fortune on a uke. Snap it up.

That is for sure. You can spend more on many instruments out there and not get this quality or tone. I had always wondered why people raved about the Martins until I had the chance to play one. Within seconds I knew exactly what the hype is about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom