Any Ukers with high blood pressure....

I like this.

Thanks for sharing MM Stan!

Now how do I convince my insurance company to buy me a new uke? :)

I've developed higher blood pressure with weight gain and damage from radiation treatments for cancer many years ago. In my case playing the uke has not helped much, but it still makes me feel good, especially when my group meets twice a week, and even more so when we go to UCLA/Mattel Children's Hospital and play for the kids every few weeks and give them ukuleles from The Ukulele Kids Club donations we make.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video

I wish that was true.

Now how do I convince my insurance company to buy me a new uke? :)

Right?!! Should be considered durable medical equipment.... &/or physical therapy, psychotherapy, or some sort of "preventative" therapy...

If I am playing a uke, checking ukes out online, comparing uke specs, changing strings out on a uke, reading about ukes/players/instruments, listening to uke instrumentals, I am not likely hearing/seeing the latest news headlines at the same time.
So even if ukes don't lower my blood pressure, ukes certainly prevent mine from shooting up, if only for a moment...

Thanks Stan! I haven't tried this, but maybe I'll check my B/P before and after uke...

It's a several-years-old ad campaign from Kaiser Permanente, and definitely not just in Hawaii - there were a few of those on billboards in the Los Angeles area some years back. Always made me laugh in a dark-humor kind of way because shortly before those went up I had a tumor that caused secondary hypertension, and it took a heck of a lot more than music to keep it from killing me! :)

Top Bottom