Spartanburg Ukuleles

Bluefoot

Reaction score
I'm Rock Cowles. I started playing ukulele about four months ago after a nearly forty year long hiatus from viola, piano, drums, and guitar. Since then I've bought eleven ukulele and kept nine and started Spartanburg Ukuleles, a ukulele club in upstate South Carolina.

Spartanburg Ukuleles.jpg

My main intention is to enjoy myself and to teach my two young grandaughters to love music. Currently I am about as musically gifted as a bull in a china shop. On meth. Wearing cross country skies. And blindfolded.

https://youtu.be/29_8ReYurho

Ukulele Playing Singing.jpg

Welcome to the UU, Rock. You obviously embraced the world of ukuleles with a vengeance. :) As you've already figured out, it's not about whether you are good at something. It's about having fun while you do it. Best of luck to you and the new ukulele club you started!

Jan D.

I am guessing from the name you guys are near Spartanburg? I am not that far away, NW of Charlotte.

Welcome! I've always gone by the phrase, "What I lack in talent I compensate for with enthusiasm."

Do you have a web presence other than Facebook? I'd love to see your songbook. The individual numbers are pretty good.

Welcome! Nice voice you have there. I suspect you will have your chops back pronto monto. Thanks for sharing!

Welcome to UU, and good luck with the Spartanburg Ukuleles club!
TBUS started out with 5 members 9.5 years ago and we have hundreds of members now.

Top Bottom