The Very Thought of You (Pono Concert)

Lapyang

Reaction score
The Very Thought of You. One of my favorite melodies. I first heard the Nat King Cole's version and was mesmerized.
Words & Music by Ray Noble. Arranged by Spencer Gay. I did not add much embellishments to this arrangement, just letting the melody speaks for itself.
Played on a Pono Concert with La Bella Strings, Low G.

Wow Jospeh you learned the song fast!
It’s a nice melody. I like how you incorporated your cello technique on ukulele ! I like your 2019 new look too ! Very sophisticated!
When did you get a Pono? I can’t keep up!

Thanks Brenda. Just started using iMovie on iPhone. This Pono is my first nice uke, I got it in 2017.

As I said over at YouTube, this is spot on Joseph, what a delightful video to kick off 2019! Bravo my friend :D

Thanks Campbell. I am now a bit less nervous when making a video. Hope it keeps getting easier.

Mmm! Sweet! Very nice arrangement and playing. :)

Thanks John. I was trying to make it as legato as possible.

Really nicely played Joseph, with a lot of sensitivity. Ray Noble was a British band leader - he is famous for two songs, this and 'Cherokee'. Both are great standards now. Anyway, I am glad you are exploring this genre, it's great stuff and there is a lot more out there!

I'm thinking of giving up. You lot on here are sooooo darned good and intimidating by your skill level!
Nah! No chance. You're all stuck with me posting MY rubbish for a good while yet!
Seriously though, well done Joseph. I'm very impressed. A lovely song and well played.

Really nicely played Joseph, with a lot of sensitivity. Ray Noble was a British band leader - he is famous for two songs, this and 'Cherokee'. Both are great standards now. Anyway, I am glad you are exploring this genre, it's great stuff and there is a lot more out there!

Thank you, Laurence. I am not familiar with Cherokee. I will check that out.

I'm thinking of giving up. You lot on here are sooooo darned good and intimidating by your skill level!
Nah! No chance. You're all stuck with me posting MY rubbish for a good while yet!
Seriously though, well done Joseph. I'm very impressed. A lovely song and well played.

Dave, I love your postings.

Really beautiful Joseph. Very sensitively played. It is a great song and this arrangement is particularly nice. The melody is played low on the ukulele which I really like. This is a really excellent performance by the way. The music just shines through. Great stuff!
Mike

Really beautiful Joseph. Very sensitively played. It is a great song and this arrangement is particularly nice. The melody is played low on the ukulele which I really like. This is a really excellent performance by the way. The music just shines through. Great stuff!
Mike

Thanks, Mike. Your comment made my day!

Top Bottom