Season 361 - I WANT SCANDI!

This one from Kings of Convenience, a duo who hail from Bergen in Norway. This is off their debut album, Quiet is the New Loud, released in 2001. This is the only album of theirs I own, and apart from that I can’t tell you much.

My third and probably last for the season because ideally I want to fill the season with songs from you not me :D. However, BEVOMU inspired me to write a quick original, but not, as I initially intended, about Saga Norén from Danish/Swedish crime series The Bridge. No, this one is pretty self explanatory.

SotU 361 -- Wake Me Up

Cheers to TCK for another successful kitchen session. There was no way I was going to even try A-Ha; but that's largely because I would've tried (and failed, miserably) at the high notes.

And I really wanted to avoid the familiar ones, like Ace of Base or ABBA. So, I searched and discovered that Avicii was from Sweden. As Jazzbanjorex noted, I was saddened to discover he took his life last year. In fact, the lyrics to this song are a bit haunting if you consider that he was apparently battling depression.

So, here's Wake Me Up (2013) by Avicii

"Somliga går med trasiga skor" (Some People Walk In Tattered Shoes) by Swedish singer-songwriter Cornelis Vreeswijk. Photos from southern Finland.

My contribution this season is a song I just wrote about our visit to Sweden - a country I always say I have been to, but have never seen. To find out why you'll have to listen to the song.

For a thread devoted to Scandinavian music, this one contains way too little death/black/doom metal. Here's a bit of gloomy Opeth to counteract that.

Well we’re well into the Season now. I’m up to date with the playlist. Many thanks to all of you who have, as usual, pulled out all the stops to bring such great songs. A few more days to go, so still plenty of time for more songs, and who knows, any lurkers out there, take the plunge and come and join in :D

Greetings,

It's just awful, I don't know why I try with that darn electric uke. Probably NEVER again, however since I attempted it, here goes. Ace of Base song. It's bearable with headphones, but plays like crap through my ipad. Live and learn.....

Ciao

This is a 2005 song called "The Zookeeper's Boy" by the Danish band Mew.

Top Bottom