Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Season 361 - I WANT SCANDI!

Quote Originally Posted by mep1 View Post
    My last one for this season. Need to hurry over to Season 362 and start listening. UkingViking suggested that I did this one, and I was also considering it myself already as it is such an iconic danish song, so here is Denmark's Eurovision winner from 1963. Jørgen and Grethe Ingemann's 'Dansevise'. Maybe the only time a Jazzy tune has won the Eurovision. This was too difficult to figure out, so this time I have kept it nice and short.

I think you should see the original as well just for the sake of it. Featuring a lovely Gibson ES-175 arch top guitar.

https://youtu.be/AYyhJvRE3mQ

If anyone would like to know what the song is about, then here is a (quite poor) translation as taken from the internet:

https://lyricstranslate.com/en/danse...ce-ballad.html

Dance Ballad

A ray of sunshine in a puddle
    A little kiss on the cheek from a wind
    And the rush, humming
    That life's beginning
    It's a web in your mind

A whistle of silver from a treetop
    A faint sound of a cat grabbing
    A ripple in the stream
    A whisper in the hedge
    That says, that it isn't night anymore

The meadow is wet with dew
    Lady Dawn goes to bed
    Day gets up playfully
    And crossing the bridge of the sun

And the two of us?
    What about the two of us?
    Yes, what about the two of us, you and me?
    I'm dancing and dancing and stopping
    And sensing only you
    Why ever did you run away?

Come back, come back
    Come back, you my beloved friend
    Come back, come back
    Wherever you wish, are we dancing to

Come, let us dance
    Everything can happen
    Come, let us dance
    Let us dance, let us laugh
    Lovely tune Mads, just about to check out your version....but if I may don my pedant’s hat for a second, I don’t think that is an ES 175. The 175 came with the sharp, Florentine cutaway. That has the curved, Venetian cutaway. I think it might be a Gibson Byrdland, which came with both types of cutaway

Quote Originally Posted by One Man And His Uke View Post
    Lovely tune Mads, just about to check out your version....but if I may don my pedantÂ’s hat for a second, I donÂ’t think that is an ES 175. The 175 came with the sharp, Florentine cutaway. That has the curved, Venetian cutaway. I think it might be a Gibson Byrdland, which came with both types of cutaway
    Ha ha you are absolutely right. Well spotted.

Right, that’s it folks. Season 361 is now officially over. Put your pens away, tidy your desks and hand in your exam papers. I will see you all later after playtime (that’s recess I think to some of you) to give feedback.....hopefully before the week is out.

Quote Originally Posted by One Man And His Uke View Post
    I will see you all later after playtime (that’s recess I think to some of you)...
    Playtime sounds so much more fun, don't you think?!
    Cheers for your season, John - really enjoyed it!

Greetings

Fun week (but my bad.....didn't get to most vids). Will try after lunch hour later on. Thanks for hosting

" Why am I here why do I care, what do I hope to find? Nothing here can save me from the memories in my mind” GSC

great season, i loved its eurovision-songs potential, and the chance to celebrate the wonders of scandi noir. also to hear so many proper completely-new-to-me scandi songs. thank you for a super week, and wonderful hosting
    lynda

metal guru is it you?

Sorry I couldn't make it - I had such high hopes too, but sick dogs have been coming up to me with worried looks on their faces, that's how sick I've been. Have nonetheless high hopes for Mad mep1's Season. There's probably one or two songs about dying out there.
    Argapa custom piccolo | Argapa custom resonator soprano | Rob Collins custom soprano | Kavanagh custom concert | Ashton sop. | Clearwater SB electric concert | Kala PU-SSTU travel sopranissimo | Kala PU-SMH sopranissimo | Kala SSTU-BP soprano | Kala C/MU concert "The Mighty Uke"! | Kala SSTU-C concert | Kala SSTU-T tenor | Korala UKS-310 sop | Harley Benton BCJ100-FMH SB electric baritone | Lanikai S-B Baritone | Clearwater "long neck" baritone | Maholo sop. | Tiny Tangi

Too Drunk To Pluck

paul, i really hope you feel better soon
    lynda

metal guru is it you?

Sorry folks, this isn’t THE wrap, but in case anyone was wondering, I should have it done before the weeks out. TTFN,
    John

It’s a Wrap!!

Ps! Ukenation, as soon as I’d finished my wrap I recalled it was Immigrant Song, Led Zep you did

Thread Information