Kanile’a K-2 CP

Kibes37

Reaction score
I currently have a Kala CEM which is fantastic for the money and will remain my travel/ beach Uke. However, I did a lot of research and went with the Kanile’a K-2 Premium Gloss Concert for an upgrade/ forever Uke. Can’t effin’ wait. I’m having trouble finding any YouTube videos or posts on this particular model. Does anyone have this particular K-2 Concert model? Just wanted some feed back.

I love the gloss, but am a tad concerned with the gloss on the back of the neck. Kinda wish it had a silk finish. I assume Kanile’a knows what the hell they’re doing ;)

Also any string suggestions for a Kanile’a Concert specifically would be great.

Thanks for taking the time with any info.

Last edited:
Here is a video of that model:

https://vimeo.com/65385137

It will not sound much different from any other concert model from Kanilea, as the differences between K1-C, K2-C and other models are purely cosmetic (Rosette, Binding, Inlay etc.).

Kanilea now takes custom orders via their website, so you could get exactly what you like, like a silk neck combined with a gloss finished body. Me, I prefer their gloss over their silk finish.

Good luck with your search!

Here is a video of that model:

https://vimeo.com/65385137

It will not sound much different from any other concert model from Kanilea, as the differences between K1-C, K2-C and other models are purely cosmetic (Rosette, Binding, Inlay etc.).

Kanilea now takes custom orders via their website, so you could get exactly what you like, like a silk neck combined with a gloss finished body. Me, I prefer their gloss over their silk finish.

Good luck with your search!

Thanks for the reply. However, I read there is a difference in the quality of Koa. Premium being better than Deluxe for example. That must effect the sound/ resonance. Your link is to a Deluxe. Wrong model. I do appreciate you taking the time.

Last edited:
It is not so much the "quality" of the koa, just koa with more curl, color and grain. This is not a guarantee it will sound any better or worse than one with less fancy looking koa. All builders have a signature sound, Kanilea sound like a Kanilea, Kamaka like a Kamka, Koaloha like a Koaloha etc. That said each indivudual instrument will sound slightly different from other even with the same manufacture

If you havent done so go to the Ukulelesite, their recording are best in the industry. You will be able hear a Kanilea concert in great detail. Congratulations on a wonderful new instrument.

Last edited:
Thank you for the reply. I actually ordered it from the Ukulele Site this morning. Only video I could find, but a good one. What you’re saying makes sense. I guess it comes down to the old argument of whether curly sounds better than straight. Or if that makes a difference at all.

Last edited:
The Ukulele Site just cut the prices today so glad you got in on that! Enjoy the uke. Not only will it sound great, but look great with the curly koa.

The Ukulele Site just cut the prices today so glad you got in on that! Enjoy the uke. Not only will it sound great, but look great with the curly koa.

Ha, you’re right. I have been watching the site like a Uke hawk for the last week or so. Nerve racking when to pull the trigger, ha. Thanks for the reply. I chose the full setup so I’ll be returning to an 8 yr old for the next month waiting for Kanakaloka!

Last edited:
Ha, you’re right. I have been watching the site like a Uke hawk for the last week or so. Nerve racking when to pull the trigger, ha. Thanks for the reply. I chose the full setup so I’ll be returning to an 8 yr old for the next month waiting for Kanakaloka!

Oh I know that feeling.......way worse then Christmas eve. I looked on the site, they had two in stock, which one did you choose. They were both gorgeous and the soumd samples were wonderful

Will await a report and NUD from you... hopefully sooner than later!

Last edited:
Oh I know that feeling.......way worse then Christmas eve. I looked on the site, they had two in stock, which one did you choose. They were both gorgeous and the soumd samples were wonderful

I chose the KANILE'A PREMIUM KOA CONCERT (K-2 CP, S#18901)

When you are waiting for delivery 24 hours turns into 86,400 seconds.
Get a set list ready so you have something to play when you open the box.

Ha, yup I’m gonna keep telling myself “my Kala will do, my Kala is just fine” Great advice, appreciate that!

Congrat's! I have a 2012 K-2 CP, it has the satin finish, which, I think puts out a little more sound (probably in my head). Kanile'a makes an excellent uke, fit and finish are next to none IMHO. I like Living Water strings in high G, but I'm sure it would work great in low G too.

K2front.jpg

Congrat's! I have a 2012 K-2 CP, it has the satin finish, which, I think puts out a little more sound (probably in my head). Kanile'a makes an excellent uke, fit and finish are next to none IMHO. I like Living Water strings in high G, but I'm sure it would work great in low G too.

View attachment 114792

Thanks man, I appreciate that. The Satin finish is definitely nice. I bet it is a bit louder. Beautiful 2012 k-2. I’ll keep your string selection in mind. Have a good one.

Top Bottom