Video editing software (Windows)?

SpaceForRent

Reaction score
I'm considering filming my uke kit build and posting it to YouTube as a short series. However, that process would be pretty new to me. Can any of you fine folks suggest good free or cheap video editing software for Windows 10 that you've used and like? Doesn't have to be fancy... simple cut and splice, text overlay. If it can overlay still images and mix in alternate audio tracks that would be a bonus.

I've only briefly played with it myself but the Photos app that comes with Windows 10 has some video editing features. I'll give it a go next time I post something to the Seasons.

The new windows movie Maker for Windows 10 is paid, only like 30 ish USD, and it has audio, image, text and filter overlays, as well as simple splicing. I use it for all my YouTube videos and it's pretty easy to use and understand, and there aren't too many problems with the program.

Totally free Black Magic Design, DaVinci Resolve.

Best editor there is, far superior to Adobe Premiere and Final Cut Pro X.

It has everything an editor needs, the only limitations on the free version is on the output choices but that said MP4 files and files for Youtube etc are no problem.

If you have an iPhone/iPad then you can always use an App called Filmic to record the video and audio and Apples free iMovie to edit, there are some cheapish paid for editing Apps like Pinnacle which I use and it is better than iMovie.

Beware of Windows editing software that comes from software companies who do not have a core history of editing software. Adobe are great but software costs a fair amount, Magix is good and that is about it except for the free Da Vinci Resolve which I mentioned in an earlier post. I would try this one first to see if your PC is actually up to the task of editing video, not all PCs are.

I'm using TunesKit AceMovi. An easy-to-use video editing software with powerful features. I can easily cut and merge video clips, add text and subtitles, audio and background music, etc. All the basic and even advanced editing features can be achieved in this program. Besides, the software is quite affordable, and now it's only $10.95 on its Christmas Promotion Website.

Top Bottom