Newbie UK

Salsuke1

Reaction score
Hi all. Just joined after finding this group . I was looking for info on deciding to buy an external mic for a couple of my instruments . I decided on this rather than drilling and messing around with my favourite uke and spoiling the wood or natural sound . Googling info led me to this site. 😃

Hi - welcome!

Whereabouts in the UK are you?

I hope you found what you were looking for. I had undersaddle pickups fitted to my ukes, which is convenient but the sound isn't the greatest. I'm always toying with the idea of getting an iRig Acoustic Stage, but so far have always had something more urgent to spend the money on.

Welcome to the forum!

Hi . Thank you York Steve. Funny YOU should ask me that as I’m from York myself but no longer live there. I’m still there regularly though. I now live near Cardiff

Last edited:
I hope you found what you were looking for. I had undersaddle pickups fitted to my ukes, which is convenient but the sound isn't the greatest. I'm always toying with the idea of getting an iRig Acoustic Stage, but so far have always had something more urgent to spend the money on.

Welcome to the forum!

Hi Jimavery, thanks. We will see. I will let you know when it arrives and is all tested out properly, the proof will be in the pudding I guess!
I thought about various ways like you mentioned too .
I ended up settling for a Behringer condenser mic and also Behringer mixer with a phantom power supply. It has an anti feedback system with it too so that’s a good plus. Hope you get your iRig Acoustic Stage. Yes there is always some other thing pushing in front to try and grab any extra pennies.

Hello from iced-over Derbyshire!

Welcome to the forums from iced-over central Ohio!!

Irig acoustic all the way... welcome yer Cardiff from York fella :)

Salsuke1, welcome aboard! Good to have you with us.

Top Bottom