HELP ME PLEASE? Electric Ukelele recording CRISIS!

Newstart

Reaction score
Hello guys,

When recording my 8 string Ashbury ukelele with a built in pickup, DI through the interface
there is constant noise which sounds a lot like white noise in the background.

Recording electric guitar, electro-acoustic or microphone there is never a problem with noise.

I have tried everything, different levels of gain, different levels on the uke, turning the system off and on, unplugging the interface
and reconnecting, changing the buffer size and everything.

I have took the uke to the music store and when it was plugged into the amplifier there was no noise whatsoever.

Why is it that when recording everything else there is never any noise but there is noise with the ukelele?
But when the ukelele is plugged into an amplifier it sounds fine?
I need to know the reason why there is never any noise when recording an electro acoustic with a built in pickup but not with the ukelele?

It is recorded via jack input from the uke to the interface.
Interface is Scarlett Focusrite 2i4 usb never had any problems recording with it till now.

Thank you for taking the time to read my thread.
Hope you are all having a fabulous day!

Sounds like you have a ground loop in your studio setup. I don't really understand these things, but a DI box with a ground lift switch may help. Could also be a problem with the grounding in the pickup but I'd expect that to also show up with the amp. Does the noise go away if you touch the cable housing?

Is everything EXACTLY the same between recording the uke and your electro-acoustic? If not, what changes? Could be a lot of things. Troubleshooting problems like this is a matter of elimination.

DI, cables, 'ukulele itself could be the source. Doubt it's software related.

Top Bottom