What Are You Working On?

Tomthebaptist

Reaction score
Presently, I’m working on Bach’s Cello Concerto. I was wondering what some of you are working on.

Tom

I'm not a finger-picker, but I have recently been working on

Faraway Places (with strange-sounding names)

My Heavenly Father Watches Over Me

:)

Working on Misty. I don't know why, but this tune just popped into my head last week. I did a quick YouTube search and found Pete McCarthy's version. Thanks Petey Mack, that's a fun and easy version.

Last edited:
Working on Misty. I don't know why, but this tune just popped into my head last week. I did a quick YouTube search and found Pete McCarthy's version. Thanks Petey Mack, that's a fun and easy version.

I found a great arrangement of Mysty arranged by Dr. Uke. Www.druke.com.

Tom

Found it. Thanks. I already had that website bookmarked. Great website. Pete’s is a chord melody version.

I've been working on songs from Fred Sokolow's Ragtime Ukulele book. I love it! Just reached a comfortable point with a song called 'Dill Pickles' - time to start a new one.

Presently, I’m working on Bach’s Cello Concerto. I was wondering what some of you are working on.

Tom

Hey, Tom, I’m working on the same but only with my Irish tenor banjo in GDAE. I also have it in CGDA.

I was using TAB before, but I decided to use notation from now on. I’m more comfortable with notation except for the chords. They’re easier in TAB.

I must admit that It’s been a slog, and I’m limping badly but making some progress. I think part of my problem is that I’m fretting so slowly that the music isn’t making sense to me. Some of the lines are easy and sound right, but then a part comes up that just doesn’t sound correct.

I’m having a ball though — strife is invigorating. Especially when one finally gets it right. Upward and onward! :eek:ld:

I simply cannot believe that we are havin’ a conversation about what MUSIC WE ARE PLAYING!

What about strings and Brand Names and wood types, etc. etc. etc.?

Glory be. There is music being made here. :eek:ld:

A ragtime piece, "Cheese and Crackers" by Homer Denney. Our band is working on a version of it. I read standard notation for ukulele at a snail's pace so it takes me a while to work out an arrangement. I hope I can finish it in this lifetime.

Presently, IÂ’m working on BachÂ’s Cello Concerto. I was wondering what some of you are working on.

Tom

Sorry for being picky, and please correct me if I'm mistaken, but you probably mean cello "suite". And likely the Prelude from Cello Suite No. 1, since this appears to be the most popular Bach piece to play on the uke.

Personally, until last week I hadn't been into classical for awhile, but I just learned Cavatina (The Deer Hunter theme). It's beautiful, immediately recognizable, and loved as both a popular and classical piece. BTW, much easier on uke than guitar.

I'm currently working on solo ideas over a ii-V-I in Bb along with rootless triad chord voicings for it. Have been for awhile and will be doing it awhile longer. I have found it works better to just stick it out in one key til I get it sort of right and not just jump from key to key because it's boring to always play the same notes. It's fun to see what sort of ideas I can come up with. I do throw in the odd work on Autumn Leaves in G as well.

John

Working on

I was working on Sokolow's Ragtime book, but then I found a song "Spanish Guitar" for ukulele. I love it, but have only learned 6 bars. But I am learning and improving so much. It's a great song.

I recently bought James Hill's "Duets for One" and I'm really enjoying the arrangements. Currently obsessed with "Don't Get Around Much Anymore", it's an absolute hoot to play.

I've been trying to get on with that book but the arrangements are quite tough!!

I've been working on songs from Fred Sokolow's Ragtime Ukulele book. I love it! Just reached a comfortable point with a song called 'Dill Pickles' - time to start a new one.

No. It is a single song. This is the link. https://rockclass101.com/spanish-ukulele/

That sounds like a fun one. Thanks for posting it.

I'm currently working on my attempt at a kind-of-like Jake version of In My Life and Here, There, and Everywhere. I'll never sound like Jake, but I'm having a wonderful time trying. :)

I'd also like to get Chief Noda's version of Both Sides Now memorized. (Chief's version is essentially Randy Scruggs' guitar version, but for ukulele.)

I'd probably be better off if I focused on just one thing, but... nah.

Currently working on Kodachrome
®
for … err … last week's Seasons (yup. missed again!) as well as some James Hill chord melody stuff, going through an intro blues book, and general scales and speed/accuracy training. Also duplicating the same on guitar. Oh yeah, and some simple fiddle tunes on mandolin and ukulele. Seems like a lot more when I write it out, and it's only Tuesday!

Top Bottom