What Are You Working On?

I worked up a few Christmas songs for the holidays, which went over pretty well. Since then I've been working on some claw-hammer style uke. Learned to play Soldier's Joy and 'Old Molly Hare' in a claw-hammer banjo workshop last weekend. That's right, I took my ukulele to a class full of banjos. They were skeptical at first, but I held my own pretty well. :)

Good question since my current goal is to "play more, shop less - and get control of UAS". Oh that rhymes!

I've been working on The Mystery in high G and Still Can't say Goodbye in low G. Both songs from Ukulele Site with some Camsuke additions to Still Can't say Goodbye. I want to learn Camsuke's "Mercedes" - so pretty!

I really want to learn Papillon that Corey Fujimoto plays but haven't found tabs anywhere.

I am also working on Sarah Jarosz's "Annabelle Lee" clawhammer on my Beansprout. I have it memorized but may never get it up to speed - why do bluegrass players have to play so fast?

Oh, and since I played guitar before discovering ukuleles, I am putting together a notebook of favorite guitar songs to play weekly so I don't forget them.

Sorry for being picky, and please correct me if I'm mistaken, but you probably mean cello "suite". And likely the Prelude from Cello Suite No. 1, since this appears to be the most popular Bach piece to play on the uke.

Personally, until last week I hadn't been into classical for awhile, but I just learned Cavatina (The Deer Hunter theme). It's beautiful, immediately recognizable, and loved as both a popular and classical piece. BTW, much easier on uke than guitar.

Hi Seesar, you’re right. It is the prelude to Bach’s Cello Suite.

Tc

Top Bottom