Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ohana SK-30M long neck soprano

Quote Originally Posted by Croaky Keith View Post
    Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
    I think I'm going to really like it. The wood grain on it reminds me of my first uke (now gone, kind of regretfully) except this is an all-solid mahogany whereas that one was an all-laminate. It'll also fill that desire for a satin finish and it will be unique since it will be my only soprano.
    Ohana CK-42R concert - all-solid, sinker redwood top, rosewood back and sides, maple binding, Ltd. Edition
    Kala KA-FMCG concert- solid spruce top, laminate spalted flame maple back and sides, mahogany binding
    Ohana CK-120G - all-solid acacia, mahogany binding, Limited Edition
    Kala KA-ZCT-C - all-laminate ziricote, walnut fretboard, satin neck
    Ohana SK-30M - all-solid mahogany long neck soprano (concert scale)

Awesome! Please let us know your impressions after you've had a chance to get acquainted with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Sheehan View Post
    Awesome! Please let us know your impressions after you've had a chance to get acquainted with it!
    Will do! Right now I have to play the waiting game.

Ohana jpeg.jpg
    Last edited by mikelz777; 02-04-2019 at 06:30 AM.
    Ohana CK-42R concert - all-solid, sinker redwood top, rosewood back and sides, maple binding, Ltd. Edition
    Kala KA-FMCG concert- solid spruce top, laminate spalted flame maple back and sides, mahogany binding

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Sheehan View Post
    I got my Ohana SK-30M about a week ago and my first impression was amusement at how small the body is! I only have concerts so it looks so tiny! It was a B stock I bought from Mim. It doesn't have a "B" imprinted on the inner label so it must have been declared a B stock by Mim rather than Ohana. She said it had light scratches all over the body which it does but in order to even see them you have to hold it so the light catches it just right and you have to purposely look very hard to see them. I may not have even noticed them if I didn't already know they were there.

Sound-wise I think that this is a little gem. I love the tone and the warm sound and it's got a nice sustain. It's got good volume for its size, a little louder than I thought it might be. I played it for several hours to help break the strings in and then I played it side by side with one of my concerts to compare the sound. Maybe it's just me but I didn't think there was really that much difference in the sound between a soprano and a concert. I thought that there would be a more sizable difference. The soprano is just a bit more high and chimey. I love the look and feel of the satin finish. (I can already sense that my love for the satin finish is only going to feed my lust for another uke I have my eye on which also has a satin finish.) I'm very happy with it and could easily recommend it to anyone looking for a solid long neck soprano. I think it's a great value and to me, worth more than its price point.
    Last edited by mikelz777; 02-13-2019 at 06:25 PM.

I told you it was loud :-)
    Enjoy!
    Ohana SK30M mahogany super-soprano, Cort UKEBWCOP Blackwood concert, Anuenue African Mahogany Tenor, Fluke Koa Tenor, Hora M1176 spruce Tenor

Thread Information